Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   PUKE (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382473)

Mercman572 11-21-2005 03:20 AM

PUKE

villain is 45/5/2

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($48.15)
MP ($97.05)
CO ($50.60)
Button ($235.30)
Hero ($51.15)
BB ($0)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.50. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
[color=#666666]2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.50, [color=#CC3333]Hero (poster) raises to $2.75</font>, UTG (poster) calls $2.50, Button calls $2.50.

Flop: ($9) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $8</font>, UTG folds, Button calls $8.

Turn: ($25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]Button bets $41</font>, Hero ?

I've been C-betting almost 90% and shutting down, I expected a bet here

orange 11-21-2005 03:47 AM

Re: PUKE

How about bet/folding the turn, c/c the river? Was your plan to just c/c c/c all the way down?

billymonk 11-21-2005 03:48 AM

Was this why you checked? You wanted him to bet? Just are sick from the size of it? Cause if you checked with the intention of calling or check-raising, you got what you wanted now call. If you checked for another reason, then I think you have to let go of this.
I think you should have just by-passed this problem by betting the turn. I probably bet ~$15. I feel confident that I can lay it down to a raise.

All things considered though, I fold.

ajmargarine 11-21-2005 04:17 AM

I've been waiting to pull this move as well. C/r'ing after a "failed continuation bet". I just don't know that your hand is strong enough for that; it's only TPGK. I'd rather see it done with an overpair and a dryer board (2 flush draws out there). I'd rather lead here for $15, and then maybe c/c to potentially induce a bluff on the river depending on the river card. As played, you just have to go with your gut whether to call this or not. I would lean toward calling it, but I wasn't there.

Malachii 11-21-2005 05:57 AM

Hmm, tough spot. I think I'd let this one go this time, but make a note of it. It really only makes sense for him to have a set, a straight, air, or some raggedy two pair. I don't really see an ace playing like this. Hope you've been running better btw.

Mercman572 11-21-2005 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How about bet/folding the turn, c/c the river? Was your plan to just c/c c/c all the way down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, it was to C/R all in because I'd been at the table with this guy a while and he liked to make some plays, but I hadn't seen him do this

Mercman572 11-21-2005 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been waiting to pull this move as well. C/r'ing after a "failed continuation bet". I just don't know that your hand is strong enough for that; it's only TPGK. I'd rather see it done with an overpair and a dryer board (2 flush draws out there)

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been pulling this alot with guys that like calling flop bets to take down on the turn, or autobet a turn with TP any kicker with pretty good success. Well, sort of, they've calling with worse hands as a 2:1 and catching up. In this spot I thought it would be alot closer because of the flush draws, but I'd seem him semibluff before when he should have taken a free card. My gut turned when he pushed however

Mercman572 11-21-2005 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, tough spot. I think I'd let this one go this time, but make a note of it. It really only makes sense for him to have a set, a straight, air, or some raggedy two pair. I don't really see an ace playing like this. Hope you've been running better btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice hand reading skills. I felt I was beat as well but convinced myself that I had to call since I checked to induce a bet and see a turned str8.

Thanks for the concern, my bad run of cards has made me think about the game in a much better way, so it had a purpose. I fully learned to appreciate what the long wrong and variance really can mean and have seen that you really do pull out if it by just keeping a good game. I was forced to evaluate everything I was doing since the style of play was so different an PR and feel I've really improved post flop because of it (although I occassionally botch things like this [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img])

Bonus whoring and a not so bad run has me turning a decent profit again, but my learning curve in 6max is a little slow.

How is the PFR? Normally I think I'd limp but I'd noticed that this villain would call with almost any holding in this spot.

Mercman572 11-21-2005 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been waiting to pull this move as well. C/r'ing after a "failed continuation bet".

[/ QUOTE ]

Figured I'd show you one for the heck of it. This is what I've been getting alot at these levels.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($61.65)
MP ($50)
CO ($80.90)
Button ($28.70)
SB ($100.05)
Hero ($50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
[color=#666666]3 folds</font>, Button calls $0.50, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $1.5</font>, Button calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $3</font>, [color=#CC3333]Button raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($16.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]Button bets $5</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $20</font>, Button calls $15.70 (All-In), Hero calls $0.69.

River: ($57.65) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $57.65

Villain had A/7 but all in all its been a successful play so far at least

11-21-2005 09:45 AM

I agree with the others, A $15 bet would of been nice on the turn.

But if I had to make this decision, I would quickly go through the hands I would want to be up against in this situaion. Which is basically AJ, AT. Not too likely.
To call you're betting your stack he's bluffing.

Id swear, slam my mouse 3 or 4 times, then click the fold button.