Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   PFR and middle pair (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381792)

Brain 11-19-2005 09:34 PM

PFR and middle pair

BB was a little loose over a few hands and the poster had just sat back in. I have already gotten sucked out on a few times in the early stages of this session.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $2. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

I hate getting passive like this and I know when to apply WA/WB, but sometimes I do it inappropriately too. Was this right?

Felipe 11-19-2005 09:40 PM

Re: PFR and middle pair

I think you lost the hand, and I play it the same.

edit-I may be inclined to bet the turn, don't want to give a free card to such a drawy board.

Brain 11-19-2005 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you lost the hand, and I play it the same.

edit-I may be inclined to bet the turn, don't want to give a free card to such a drawy board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not thrilled getting raised though. I don't see this as an easy bet/fold.

Aaron W. 11-19-2005 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB was a little loose over a few hands and the poster had just sat back in.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the poster just sat back in, what did you have on him before he sat out?

I don't mind this play. The pot is too big (and your outs too many) to bet-fold on the turn. You might check-fold the river if you have a decent read on villain being weak and not value betting as often as he should.

Brain 11-19-2005 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BB was a little loose over a few hands and the poster had just sat back in.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the poster just sat back in, what did you have on him before he sat out?

I don't mind this play. The pot is too big (and your outs too many) to bet-fold on the turn. You might check-fold the river if you have a decent read on villain being weak and not value betting as often as he should.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing. This was my second orbit and he had been out the whole time so unfortunately nothing else to contribute in the way of reads.

11-19-2005 10:37 PM

I bet\fold the turn if the card is not a J or T.

I check\call, check\fold the river depending on villian.

I don't think you're good 12% of the time but IMO the deficit is made up for in info on the unknown.

Aaron W. 11-19-2005 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about that, but hero would be getting 9:1 with 5 pretty clean outs. There's some worry about running into a flush, but I think it's pretty safely accounted for in the overlay already in the pot and the extra bet or two he picks up when he gets two pair or trips.

BriPlay 11-19-2005 11:29 PM

not exciting..but i play it the same way..too many donks jamming flush draws, etc. hold your nose and call..unless you have a read on this guy.
brian

11-20-2005 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about that, but hero would be getting 9:1 with 5 pretty clean outs. There's some worry about running into a flush, but I think it's pretty safely accounted for in the overlay already in the pot and the extra bet or two he picks up when he gets two pair or trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think ~4 outs is more realistic (probably even generous)as the Q (and 2pr) outs could already be dead. Given 4 outs you need 11:1 and only getting 9:1. You could say you're pretty much guaranteed 1 exta BB on the river but it still doesn't make up for the times Hero makes his hand and is still beaten.

Aaron W. 11-20-2005 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think ~4 outs is more realistic (probably even generous)as the Q (and 2pr) outs could already be dead. Given 4 outs you need 11:1 and only getting 9:1. You could say you're pretty much guaranteed 1 exta BB on the river but it still doesn't make up for the times Hero makes his hand and is still beaten.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagining that a queen out is somehow dead is a bit MUBS-y to me. I don't give villain credit for a set this soon, and I certainly don't give him credit for KQ. I'll grant that AK is a possibility, but I would have expected that to 3-bet preflop, so I'm not so convinced that it's likely. Remember that we're assuming that the turn is *NOT* a jack or ten, so you're not worried about the straight falling if you hit your ace.