Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Monster hand and pot, play fast or slow? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381664)

11-19-2005 05:19 PM

Monster hand and pot, play fast or slow?

10/20 Fixed Limit (6 players)
I have only $102 left at the start of the hand (not smart i know). The table is pretty typical with no extreme players.

Everyone calls and I raise on the button with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Everyone calls and CO reraises and I cap the betting.

Flop is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (24 small bets). SB bets, BB folds, UTG reraises, MP folds, CO calls, Button ??.
I have $62 left.

Should i threebet or coldcall with this monster?

Spicymoose 11-19-2005 05:24 PM

Re: Monster hand and pot, play fast or slow?

Hmm. I think in this case it might be best to simply call so that you get SBs money in the pot. Raise the turn when UTG bets into you again, and you are all in.

BTW, this is the reason that you need to have at least 12BB at all times. Not doing so could have cost you around $100 or so here.

11-19-2005 05:32 PM

Yeah the hand really showed how bad not bringing the full amount is. How about protecting the pot to get gutshots away or is this possibility not worth it?

krishanleong 11-19-2005 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah the hand really showed how bad not bringing the full amount is. How about protecting the pot to get gutshots away or is this possibility not worth it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not worth it. I probably 3-bet the flop. People will just think you are an idiot getting all in and call with weak hands.

Krishan

11-19-2005 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not worth it. I probably 3-bet the flop. People will just think you are an idiot getting all in and call with weak hands.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

That is right on the dot.

hemstock 11-19-2005 06:57 PM

3bet. Either way you have to put your remaining chips in this pot by the end of the hand.

11-21-2005 01:32 PM

Results:
I call, SB calls
Turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] SB bets, UTG raises, CO calls, I call, SB calls.
River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] SB checks, UTG bets, CO raises, I go all in with my last $2, SB calls, UTG calls.

SB 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
CO 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG had trips so would have given alot of action. I was unlucky to lose to a flush on the river.

wackjob 11-21-2005 02:02 PM

should be capped on the flop and all your money in on the turn if possible. even though you have top set, it is a very drawy board, multi-way, so don't assume you have the hand tied up.