Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Rake Back (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Party... instead of rakeback (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381648)

Roy6 11-19-2005 04:37 PM

Party... instead of rakeback

Please tell me if this plan is not viable and why.

A friend of mine signs up as an affiliate for Party and chooses MGR plan.
I don't have an account at Party yet, and I sign up using his code. He collects 20% of my MGR.

-is it OK that he only has one player (me?)
-is it OK for the friend to have an existing Party Poker account?
-does he have to create a website promoting Party?
-is there a minimum amount that must be reached for the affiliate to get paid per month?

kapw7 11-19-2005 04:46 PM

Re: Party... instead of rakeback

I think a lot of ppl are doing this already so it won't be long until Party decides to stop it. Still it's better than nothing or trusting any shady affiliates. But WHY do you have to play at Party anyway? (Don't expect a reply I just try to challenge you to reconsider if you really have to play there or there are any alternatives out there)

StellarWind 11-19-2005 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of ppl are doing this already so it won't be long until Party decides to stop it. Still it's better than nothing or trusting any shady affiliates. But WHY do you have to play at Party anyway? (Don't expect a reply I just try to challenge you to reconsider if you really have to play there or there are any alternatives out there)

[/ QUOTE ]
Stop confusing the lemmings. They must stay at Party for my^H^Htheir own good. All other poker sites consist solely of TAGs, rocks, and unstable software.

Roy6 11-19-2005 05:04 PM

Come on, you all play SH on Party.
I played on the x-skins after the split, but after Eurobet is going, it won't be juicy anymore.

Yes, Crypto is unstable, rakes much more, is slow, has no DP, doesn't show mucked hands and so on.
There's little FL action on Prima.

Can somebody answer my questions please?

StellarWind 11-19-2005 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-is it OK that he only has one player (me?)

[/ QUOTE ]
No, he won't get paid unless he continues to produce new signups. Your plan has been tried many times over the years and it apparently always comes down to this. They may also have a three-signup minimum for him to get anything. Search the archives.

[ QUOTE ]
-is it OK for the friend to have an existing Party Poker account?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not a problem.

[ QUOTE ]
-does he have to create a website promoting Party?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. Some very successful affiliates use other methods of promotion.

[ QUOTE ]
-is there a minimum amount that must be reached for the affiliate to get paid per month?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's nominal, like $50 or something.

kapw7 11-19-2005 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Stop confusing the lemmings. They must stay at Party for my^H^Htheir own good. All other poker sites consist solely of TAGs, rocks, and unstable software.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a devious plan to push all the lemmings away from Party so I will return there and keep all the fish for myself. (If only I could keep my mouth shut)

2+2 wannabe 11-19-2005 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on, you all play SH on Party.
I played on the x-skins after the split, but after Eurobet is going, it won't be juicy anymore.

Yes, Crypto is unstable, rakes much more, is slow, has no DP, doesn't show mucked hands and so on.
There's little FL action on Prima.

Can somebody answer my questions please?

[/ QUOTE ]

crypto rake > party rake?

2easy 11-19-2005 10:56 PM

5% pot rake up to max of 3 units.

(remember the thread you were participating in regarding the us dollar "not ruling the world."
talked about being silly to play in the £ or € games.)

would you rather play in a $20/$40 game, or a £10/£20 game, with this being the case?

pleyya 11-20-2005 08:28 AM

Crypto rakes quarters ex 1.25 and 1.75 instead of rounding them down to 1.0 and 1.5 like party. Stars rounds both these down to 1.0.

2easy 11-20-2005 10:19 AM

the rounding applies to limit.

no limit, at almost all sites, goes 5%, usually to nickel increments.