Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AKo lots of action preflop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381503)

11-19-2005 11:46 AM

AKo lots of action preflop

Live game, $20NL, .25/50 blinds
Hero has about $16
Main villain has about $25

Reads on villain:
Villain is a regular who loses at the table a lot. He can't let go of semi-big hands, and usually doesn't steal too much. Usually plays it a little cautious.

Villain has JUST sat down for about 5-10min

MP1 is a terrible player and will play with any 2 cards. Not concerned about him.

Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG

Hero raises to $2.00
MP1 calls
Villain calls
BB re-raises to $4
Hero calls
MP1 calls
Villain pushes all-in
BB folds

Hero.. ???

So, the pot is about $13 + villains all in.

I have about $12-13 left in my stack. Essentially, I'd be calling a $13 into an essential pot of $26, giving me about 1:2.

I laid this down, but am now thinking I should have called with the pot size. Thoughts?

If I assume villain has a pocket pair like QQ, JJ, etc - is this a profitable call?

11-19-2005 11:52 AM

Re: AKo lots of action preflop

I'm starting to feel really disgusted I folded this hand.

Realizing that I'm about a 45/55 underdog..the math looks something like this I think:

.45 (-13) + .55 (26).... about +7 or so. definitely +EV.

But is this a situation where I'm normally dominated?

Skuzzy 11-19-2005 11:58 AM

If villain only pushes here with QQ-AA then you have around 30% equity and are borderline on a call getting 2:1. But if you also add AKs into villains range here, perhaps considering that the pot is large when it reaches him (~$14?) then you have 33% equity and a call is good here.

Skuzzy 11-19-2005 12:12 PM

Maybe i'm out of line but I can't see a hand range for villain that your 45:55 against. To be so strong villain would have to be pushing here with 88-AA, AKo and AQs? probably more.

kitaristi0 11-19-2005 12:15 PM

AA-QQ just makes no sense. Villain calls Heros raise after 1 extra caller, then goes insane after a minraise and some calls behind him. I think 88-JJ is easily possible, and with all the dead money in the pot the call is +EV.

Skuzzy 11-19-2005 12:49 PM

I dont see many cautious players that dont steal pushing mid pairs in a raised and reraised pot. Especially when the push offers a player who has raised in EP 2:1 on a call whith the re-raiser yet to act. Discounting AA and KK because he called a std raise and is only pushing after a min-reraise seems ridiculous. You are facing a weak player who is known to play badly. Bad plays come in all shapes and sizes including flat calling AA and KK.