Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   40/80 Spewing or Extracting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381133)

scott8 11-18-2005 05:12 PM

40/80 Spewing or Extracting

4 handed, one regular poster among the 4. He is the button. I have won 4 of the last 5 hands, all 4 going to SD.Some hands were semi-premium, others were not. I have been the last raiser preflop on all 4 of the hands. I have a new screen name, no one can know what a fish I really am.

3 bet turn or lead river? What if the turn is capped?

UTG dealt 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I raise.

Button calls, Sb calls, BB calls.

Flop 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, button raises, two folds, I 3 bet, Button calls.

Turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, button raises, I call

River is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, button bets, I raise. . .

Jeffage 11-18-2005 05:16 PM

Re: 40/80 Spewing or Extracting

I would 3-bet the turn and call a 4 bet. He may be raising with top pair and a big spade might as well make him pay. If he has a flush you have outs. When you checkraise the river after this action, you might not be called if he has one pair anyway and if he has the flush you get the privilege to put in 3 bets when behind with no chance to draw out.

Jeff

Fianchetto 11-18-2005 05:28 PM

I'd 3-bet the turn; call down if it gets capped and you don't improve.

daryn 11-18-2005 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would 3-bet the turn and call a 4 bet. He may be raising with top pair and a big spade might as well make him pay. If he has a flush you have outs. When you checkraise the river after this action, you might not be called if he has one pair anyway and if he has the flush you get the privilege to put in 3 bets when behind with no chance to draw out.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

i like everything you have just said

CardSharpCook 11-18-2005 06:37 PM

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! Best to juice it when you still have outs (or he does).

scott8 11-18-2005 06:52 PM

I think your line is the best.

This hand is a classic example of deciding I was behind on the turn and then changing my mind on the river. Obviously, a great way to lose more and win less.

flawless_victory 11-18-2005 08:48 PM

threebet that turn w/ quickness.
if this game plays like anything like stars/party 30 4handed, i consider checkraising the river if capped.

BTW/ how often are SH 40 games going (i assume this is paradise)?

11-22-2005 09:41 PM

i would have 3 bet the turn i think but on the other hand, the way you played it, given you were on a rush and only calling his raise makes it look like you have the bare A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] with a pair and so he will bet a T or a K on the river when the [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] doesnt show. then you can checkraise. maybe?

ike 11-22-2005 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW/ how often are SH 40 games going (i assume this is paradise)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much 24/7. They're not always that good though.