Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   So I overplay QQ a previous hand, and then this (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380376)

brazilio 11-17-2005 03:34 PM

So I overplay QQ a previous hand, and then this

I think there's one fish. The rest are 2+2ers. Villain is a 2+2er who I have a gajillion hands mined on from 3/6. I haven't seen anything in particular, his name's Stusomething on the forums I think. I'm dealing with overaggression like usual. In retrospect the river looks like dogshit and it's probably an easy check/fold, I don't think he's going to call with AK/AQ. Anybody hate anything other than the river? I was folding to a turn raise.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 10.70 BB

aba20 11-17-2005 03:38 PM

Re: So I overplay QQ a previous hand, and then this

I don't like the turn donk. If he is a smart tough player, who you have played many hands with you are going to get yourself into trouble by donking weak hands like this on the turn. He will catch on very quickly and start raiseing for a free showdown with his AK/AQ type hands.

11-17-2005 03:46 PM

If you can't fold to a 3-bet on the flop then perhaps check-raising is not the best line. What are other good options here?

brazilio 11-17-2005 03:48 PM

Call flop donk turn is pretty much my other standard option.

TStoneMBD 11-17-2005 03:49 PM

you do realize you have a gutshot on the turn right?

krishanleong 11-17-2005 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call flop donk turn is pretty much my other standard option.

[/ QUOTE ]

call flop cr turn should be in your arsenal.

Krishan

brazilio 11-17-2005 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you do realize you have a gutshot on the turn right?

[/ QUOTE ]

err, yes. Ignore that fold turn crap.

11-17-2005 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call flop cr turn should be in your arsenal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Different. Check-fold the river if he calls?

Wynton 11-17-2005 04:10 PM

Sometimes I find myself taking the same line on the flop, i.e., c/r and then call the 3-bet, followed by c/f on the turn without improvement.

But I'm not sure that either of us should be seeing the turn, at least not without a read that the villain is fairly aggressive post-flop.

Alobar 11-17-2005 04:13 PM

your table selection sucks

Given that you picked up a gutshot on the turn, I like c/c the turn. If he does just have AKQ and takes the free card, that kinda sucks, but the big majority of the time the "3 bet with overs" guy, either bets the turn or still calls a river bet after he checks behind the turn. So you get a bet out of him either way, when you win, and lose less when you actually lose. if you c/c turn I think the real decision is what to do on the river, and thats all read dependant, I like a fold tho unless hes super aggresive. Cuz lets not forget, he can actually have a hand here too