Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Hmm, not sure what to do with my AKo (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380303)

silkyslim 11-17-2005 12:56 PM

Hmm, not sure what to do with my AKo

So both opponents are unknown, am i being a passive calling station giving my $ away by chasing?? whats the consensus?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="blue">UTG raises</font>, 6 folds , SB calls, <font color="pink">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="blue">UTG caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="blue">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="blue">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

bozlax 11-17-2005 01:12 PM

Re: Hmm, not sure what to do with my AKo

Since they're unknown, if we take a "standard" PF capping range of AA-QQ/AK you're effed on the flop. Even if your overcard outs are clean (UTG capped preflop with JJ/TT), you still only have 4 of them. Especially with SB hanging around with his mid-pair or club draw, I think you fold.

silkyslim 11-17-2005 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since they're unknown, if we take a "standard" PF capping range of AA-QQ/AK you're effed on the flop. Even if your overcard outs are clean (UTG capped preflop with JJ/TT), you still only have 4 of them. Especially with SB hanging around with his mid-pair or club draw, I think you fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
you have a pretty accurate picture of whats going on here. do you play poker? Yeah I think i should have saved $6 on this one.

krimson 11-17-2005 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you have a pretty accurate picture of whats going on here. do you play poker? Yeah I think i should have saved $6 on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
sarcasm detector . . . breakgin .. .can't... figure .. .. out!

11-17-2005 01:29 PM

Against two opponents I always bet this flop, but the presence of the UTG cap and the Queen could make me check it.

krimson 11-17-2005 01:31 PM

I c/c flop, c/f turn. I'm not even that comfortable with my hand if I manage to catch something on the turn.

silkyslim 11-17-2005 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
it ...was...a ...compliment!! its like they were playing with their cards face up for this guy!

einbert 11-17-2005 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against two opponents I always bet this flop, but the presence of the UTG cap and the Queen could make me check it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting this flop would be godawful.

krimson 11-17-2005 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
it ...was...a ...compliment!! its like they were playing with their cards face up for this guy!

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, it was the "Do you play poker?" comment that threw me off. Seems like such an odd thing to say on a poker forum, unless you are trying to be condescending.

TripleH68 11-17-2005 01:37 PM

So are you saying villain missed a bet on the river with KK?