Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   3/6 - correct river fold? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379513)

giant sand 11-16-2005 08:05 AM

3/6 - correct river fold?

I've had a -60BB downswing in last week, and although that's not the end of the world, I would appreciate comments on whether this hand was played correctly.

Crypto site $3-6 6-handed. No reads. Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

MP1 folds, 3 calls, I call, BB checks.

Flop (5SB - 5 players)
5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets, BB folds, MP2 calls <font color="blue">villain</font> raises Hero re-raises, MP2 folds villain calls

Turn (6 BB - 2 players) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets, villain raises, hero calls

River 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, villain bets, Hero folds

I couldn't see how I was winning on the river

11-16-2005 08:21 AM

Re: 3/6 - correct river fold?

If you dont call that river I dont think you can call the turn since I dont see any two pair hands on the board. Its either a straight a set or a busted flush.

topspinner 11-16-2005 08:38 AM

With no reads, I am calling the river with TPTK. Villian could be on a flush draw, K10 etc... For one more bet I think you are good often enough.

giant sand 11-16-2005 09:37 AM

Yes, I think in hindsight if I call the turn raise then I should call the river. The only thing I would say is that at 3/6 players tend to be more straightforward than at 5/10.

I would be interested to hear if anybody would fold on the turn after the raise - probably not

RunDownHouse 11-16-2005 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont see any two pair hands on the board

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
There's a billion two pair hands he could have, some of which were one pair which turned into pair + straight draw on the turn which turned into two pair on the river.

I might call the flop raise planning to c/r the turn, but I don't have a problem with the way you played it.

Spicymoose 11-16-2005 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I might call the flop raise planning to c/r the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

A very bad plan. Awful I think.

ghostface 11-16-2005 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've had a -60BB downswing in last week, and although that's not the end of the world

[/ QUOTE ]

More like the end of the hour.

Stinkybeaver 11-16-2005 11:38 AM

I go for a checkraise on this flop hoping to raise a late position bettor.

Givin your line I think you gotta figure out on turn wether you are going to SD or not which in the end is a matter of reads.

I don't think it's +EV to call turn hoping to Improve on river.