Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   1-2 JJ in cutoff. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379146)

ANY2CARDZ 11-15-2005 07:16 PM

1-2 JJ in cutoff.

What do you think of the turn check, and whats my river line?

villain is 19/10/2 over 60 hands.

preflop: limp, limp, villain raises, hero 3-bets JJ, all fold, villain calls.

flop: 6 Q K (9.5 small bets)
villain checks, hero bets, villain calls

turn: Q (5.75 big bets)
villain checks, hero checks

river: 9 (5.75 big bets)
villain bets, hero ???

MrWookie47 11-15-2005 07:21 PM

Re: 1-2 JJ in cutoff.

It's not too late to edit your post and use the hand converter. If it's not working, then you can type it out by hand. Posting screen names is taboo around these parts.

milesdyson 11-15-2005 07:25 PM

here's the hand for everyone dying trying to figure it out:

villain is 19/10/2 over 60 hands.

preflop: limp, limp, villain raises, hero 3-bets J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], all fold, villain calls.

flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9.5 small bets)
villain checks, hero bets, villain calls

turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.75 big bets)
villain checks, hero checks

river: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.75 big bets)
villain bets, hero ???

Aaron_ 11-15-2005 07:27 PM

fuh fuh fuh fuh fooooooold

bozlax 11-15-2005 07:28 PM

Oh, for Shania's sake, and for the umpteenth time this week, just keep betting until Villan plays back at you. If he bets the flop instead of checking to you, or check-raises you on the flop, what are you going to do? Oh, but that's right, he didn't.

MrWookie47 11-15-2005 07:39 PM

Bet the turn and check the river behind. As you played it, eh, I think calling and folding have pretty similar EV.

jaxUp 11-15-2005 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn and check the river behind. As you played it, eh, I think calling and folding have pretty similar EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

radek2166 11-15-2005 08:17 PM

You 3 bet for value correct? I am torn here between betting the whole way and folding to a river raise. To me it is also close to betting the flop and turn and checking behind on the river.

I have to wonder whats this guys rasing standards are.

Mathieu 11-15-2005 10:19 PM

* grunch *

In a situation like this, my strategie depends heavily on my read on villain. If villain is aggressive and tricky I am more inclined to check to induce a river bluff and to avoid being bluffed out by a turn check raise.

If villain is passive or straight forward, I am usually more inclined to bet/fold as I am less worried about being bluffed, and I am looking to get value from drawing hands like AT or AJ.

Here you don't have a solid read on villain. He seems aggressive but we don't know how tricky he is. Because of this I feel less comfortable using a line that involves a laydown as it could be a big mistake against a tricky villain.

So I don't mind the line that you took. You have to call the river, since the turn check shows weakness and could have induced a bluff. I think 6.75-1 pot odds are more than enough to make a crying call here.

NateDog 11-15-2005 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't, villain bet the river. I'd look him up for my own sanity.