Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   World Series Upgrade (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378998)

11-15-2005 03:32 PM

World Series Upgrade

Back in the day when Doyle was taking down the World Series of Poker, $10k meant something. Now $10k is not chump change, but it isn't a years wages for a decent paying job like it was then.

Does anyone else think it is time to raise the buy in to 25k to be competitive with the WPT? The Foxwoods tourney right now has as many players as the World Series did 2 years ago. What is the appropriate amount then?

The 25k WPT bellagio tourney might take over as the premier event if they don't change the formatting of the World Series. If it were me, I would raise it to 25k and see what happens, then go to 50k quickly....

MikeSmith 11-15-2005 03:55 PM

Re: World Series Upgrade

WPT will never surpass world series, i could care less how many wpt victories someone has in comparison to wsop bracelets. Its at 10,000 and will probably stay at 10,000 to keep along with the theme anyone can win. Take it up to 25,000 and competition is more fierce and that whole idea of anyone can win is ruined. If i see another post about raising wsop buy in im going to shoot my computer.

MCS 11-15-2005 03:58 PM

I chose all the options.

benkahuna 11-15-2005 05:45 PM

I like Matt Hilger's idea in the second most recent CP. He said they should add a 100,000 buy in event, but keep the 10k event for posterity and because it's popular.

OrangeKing 11-15-2005 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 25k WPT bellagio tourney might take over as the premier event if they don't change the formatting of the World Series.

[/ QUOTE ]

This won't happen, and it won't ever come close.

gobboboy 11-15-2005 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The 25k WPT bellagio tourney might take over as the premier event if they don't change the formatting of the World Series.

[/ QUOTE ]

This won't happen, and it won't ever come close.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerGoblin 11-15-2005 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like Matt Hilger's idea in the second most recent CP. He said they should add a 100,000 buy in event, but keep the 10k event for posterity and because it's popular.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read the article as well, and though the idea looks good on paper it'd only be a matter of time until the event went from 100-200 players to 700-1000 players due to online satellites. It wouldn't grow at a rate that the main event has over the past 4 years, but it's exclusivity would be short lived.

I think a better idea is to have an event held exclusively for past bracelet winners. The buy-in could range from freeroll to 10k. I think that would be much sweeter to watch than a 100k buy-in event that only caters to the super rich.

PG

cwsiggy 11-15-2005 07:45 PM

What they need to do is have an expensive Horse tourney. 20k buy in.

Davey 11-15-2005 08:32 PM

I thought that there were a couple of bigger buy-ins this year? Im going to go try to find out what they were.
I think one was an Omaha tourney.

I think Im wrong....the only thing I can find is a $10,000 buy-in Omaha event. Nothing bigger.

TheIrishThug 11-15-2005 08:38 PM

I think the buyin should def be up-ed. it won't be because of the "anyone can win" image that have been created in the last 3 yrs.

i'm too lazy to rewrite what was said here, so link

[ QUOTE ]
I chose all the options.

[/ QUOTE ]