Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Bet/Fold River? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378728)

PSW 11-15-2005 03:12 AM

Bet/Fold River?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB is 60/9/.39 after 75 hands.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, BB calls.

River: (6.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

I working on getting the Bet/fold into my arsenal. Was it correctly used here?

psw

ellipse_87 11-15-2005 04:11 AM

Re: Bet/Fold River?

Bet-fold last-to-act on the River is called for when you don't hate being raised. Here I don't hate being raised because a bluff check-raise and slow-played Ace account for less than 10% of this villain's possible holdings, and I can fold TPTK with very little consternation.

toss 11-15-2005 04:13 AM

Looks good. Villain's numbers indicate that he's rivered you with some wacky hand. Make sure you keep an eye on what he raises with though.

BoxLiquid 11-15-2005 04:41 AM

I'm still a trainee.. I don't understand why we fold this on the river to a raise?

Also... why not a check/call?

If anyone can explain I will greatly appreciate it.

olavfo 11-15-2005 04:42 AM

If you can't call a river checkraise, why not take a free showdown?

11-15-2005 04:44 AM

I wouldn't fold based on these stats. I would fold if this is the first time he has ever check raised, or if he has check raised three times and showed down with 2 pair or better.

ellipse_87 11-15-2005 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Value. We have TPTK and it seems that the other guy likes to call a lot.

olavfo 11-15-2005 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Value. We have TPTK and it seems that the other guy likes to call a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I understand that, but you need to be very sure you are beaten to fold in this spot, otherwise you might be doing a terrible mistake. You need very good reads to bet-fold profitably here. Without such reads, I don't bet-fold, I bet-call or check behind.

I consider river bet-folding to be a somewhat dangerous practice.

BoxLiquid 11-15-2005 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand that, but you need to be very sure you are beaten to fold in this spot, otherwise you might be doing a terrible mistake. You need very good reads to bet-fold profitably here. Without such reads, I don't bet-fold, I bet-call or check behind.

I consider river bet-folding to be a somewhat dangerous practice.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true. There were many times I've been c/r'ed on the river to end up winning. How did you guys determine knowing to fold?

ellipse_87 11-15-2005 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You need very good reads

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is 60/9/.36 after 75. Do we need a larger sample, or lower aggression? This guy seems really passive. I can't see what he's check-raising that we beat. I don't think he's bluff check-raising 10% of the time.