Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   J8o against weevil (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378090)

brazilio 11-14-2005 08:36 AM

J8o against weevil

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

weevil is UTG.

Preflop is perhaps bad.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">weevil raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">weevil bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, weevil calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">weevil bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">weevil bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.20 BB

My reasoning is this. I can't safely fold to the turn raise because he can very well raise a lower pocket for a free showdown. I can't safely bet because the board is 100% draw-free. People might not know him, weevil is apparently the best limit player ever according to a lot of smrt people. Unfortunately they probably don't know he calls down with K-high.

Spicymoose 11-14-2005 08:40 AM

Re: J8o against weevil

The board may be draw free, but that doesn´t prevent him from having 6 outs with AK or AQ, and 3 outs with plenty of other hands. If he raises your bet, you can just call down, and as you said, you will beat his PP often enough.

w_alloy 11-14-2005 08:51 AM

I think preflop is good and not that close.

I think you should bet this turn. You need to fold his overs. I wouldnt be too scared about getting raised here, just call down. If i did get raised, and knew this opponent does this often with low PPs for free showdowns, I would consider bet/folding the river if an overcard doesnt hit.

TStoneMBD 11-14-2005 08:53 AM

i think the preflop call is substantially easy if you feel confident in your postflop play. having said that you know i mean this with the upmost intent, but i dont know if this blind defense is profitable for you if you are going to botch it up this badly postflop.

your hand is huge in a 4 handed game. there is no reason to be checking the turn. if weevil raises call him down. i do like the river call because at this point weevil is forced to bet any hand that does not contain an ace and in a 4 handed game hell be raising from the CO with alot of hands that arent ace high.

brazilio 11-14-2005 09:22 AM

thanks, that's all I needed

11-14-2005 01:35 PM

I'm wondering why you dont lead the turn and get your bets in when you are likely ahead? If you had a draw like with a 5-6s, wouldnt you lead the turn anyways?

Also, if he is the best limit player ever, why is he playing 5-10?

brazilio 11-14-2005 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering why you dont lead the turn and get your bets in when you are likely ahead? If you had a draw like with a 5-6s, wouldnt you lead the turn anyways?

Also, if he is the best limit player ever, why is he playing 5-10?

[/ QUOTE ]

He paid for 150 hookers and 7 virgins for every man at the 2+2 Vegas get-together, and he also bought the bellagio.

11-14-2005 02:04 PM

He must run really well then. If thats the case, I change tables preflop.