Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Toshiba blows (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377987)

ilya 11-14-2005 03:02 AM

Toshiba blows

I own a Toshiba Satellite laptop and, let me tell you, it is a piece of [censored]. The thing overheats at the slightest provocation...it can't even handle flash sites much of the time. It's winter weather here in New York and I find myself having to keep the AC on just to keep it from shutting down in the middle of a set (and no, there isn't a lot of heating in my house).

Long story short, death to Toshiba! I would sooner pay money for a North Korean hand-me-down than buy another laptop from those bastards.

tonypaladino 11-14-2005 03:02 AM

Re: Toshiba blows

Maybe the fan is burnt out?

11-14-2005 03:10 AM

I have been using a toshiba satellite for 3 years now, and i have not had a problem.

srgodm 11-14-2005 03:17 AM

My girlfriend has one. It sucks ass, overheating and such as you explained. Oh yeah, the CDROM drive also crapped out. I def think Toshiba blows.

ChipWrecked 11-14-2005 11:48 AM

Maybe Russia traded them cooling technology for those submarine secrets Toshiba peddled to them in the 80's.

[censored] Toshiba.

daryn 11-14-2005 12:34 PM

in other news, NEVER BUY XXXXX BRAND OF XXXXXX, THEY SUCK! THEY ARE TERRIBLE. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER XXXXX XXXXXX AS LONG AS I LIVE! TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW NEVER TO BUY A XXXXXX FROM XXXXX EVER!

KaneKungFu123 11-14-2005 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I own a Toshiba Satellite laptop and, let me tell you, it is a piece of [censored]. The thing overheats at the slightest provocation...it can't even handle flash sites much of the time. It's winter weather here in New York and I find myself having to keep the AC on just to keep it from shutting down in the middle of a set (and no, there isn't a lot of heating in my house).

Long story short, death to Toshiba! I would sooner pay money for a North Korean hand-me-down than buy another laptop from those bastards.

[/ QUOTE ]

mine works great and is super light, very good for travel.

swede123 11-14-2005 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in other news, NEVER BUY XXXXX BRAND OF XXXXXX, THEY SUCK! THEY ARE TERRIBLE. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER XXXXX XXXXXX AS LONG AS I LIVE! TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW NEVER TO BUY A XXXXXX FROM XXXXX EVER!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put. Talk about a pointless rant. Shesh.

Swede

HesseJam 11-14-2005 12:41 PM

I have one and it royally sucks. The fan is always acting up, the backlight of the screen dims down without any excuse, the sound buttons need seconds to react to a push, sometimes they don't work at all, the thing needs 3 min to boot and sometimes 2 minutes to shut down, the on/ off switch sometimes doesn't work, the battery went down after 100 hours usage, the a/c plug get's unstuck very easily which is nice if your battery is broke. It has a good processor but sometimes needs 4 seconds to come up with the file explorer.

In short, it's a piece of crap. I'll never ever buy one again.

GuyOnTilt 11-14-2005 12:43 PM

What would prompt you guys to buy a Toshiba laptop in the first place?

GoT