Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Common Spot (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377974)

The Truth 11-14-2005 02:45 AM

Common Spot

You raise AKo from mp. Only BB calls. BB is TAG.

Flop comes rags. Js 8d 3s

or Ts 8d 2c

BB donks. How often are you raising vs calling vs folding etc in this spot?

blake

ArturiusX 11-14-2005 02:47 AM

Re: Common Spot

This could be a leak, but I don't raise here often. This guy obviously likes his hand, probably pegs us on overs. I just call. Free card? Well, he's donked once....

imported_leader 11-14-2005 02:50 AM

I don't think it's a leak. I'm not raising much here at all.

Lurker4 11-14-2005 02:53 AM

without a read that said TAG likes to donk a lot of flops into the PFR, I usually just call here and prob fold turn UI. Of course, I balance that out w/sometimes just calling flop and raising turn w/AT/KT/overpairs, etc.

The Truth 11-14-2005 03:08 AM

I usually call, and the fold/raise in about an equal amount of time. Maybe raise a bit more.

Different flops call for folds i think.

blake

imported_leader 11-14-2005 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually call, and the fold/raise in about an equal amount of time. Maybe raise a bit more.

Different flops call for folds i think.

blake

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you give a couple of examples of flops you would fold?

ArturiusX 11-14-2005 03:33 AM

I'd fold something like T97. If he donks, we don't really have the outs to continue, considering reverse impliedo dds etc.

w_alloy 11-14-2005 04:57 AM

I dont understand calling and folding turn UI. He is making a continuation bet here very often and we dont have odds to draw to our 5 outer (reverse domniation). If we call the flop I think we need a read he doesnt continuation bet the turn here or we need to call down.

My default here is fold. This is something i take religious notes on, however.

cartman 11-14-2005 09:16 AM

My default is to fold immediately. If he is a chronic flop donker then I would call at least tentatively planning to call all the way down.

Cartman

Wynton 11-14-2005 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My default is to fold immediately. If he is a chronic flop donker then I would call at least tentatively planning to call all the way down.

Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting. I don't think I have a default. But if I believe he's just donk-testing me, I often raise. Yet, perhaps the raise is a mistake, at least unless I believe the villain is donking with a small pair that he is willing to release and the board has some overcards.

If I think villain has absolutely nothing - and I have AK - it's probably better just to call down.