Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Checking river last to act with a strong stud8 hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377798)

bigredlemon 11-13-2005 09:28 PM

Checking river last to act with a strong stud8 hand

$1/2 stud 8
10c ante 50c bring in

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] brings in 50c
xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] fold
xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] calls
xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] folds
xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] fold
xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] calls

Both callers are regulars to this stud8 table. They are a little too passive and loose too.

7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] bets
xxx xxx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] calls
xxx xxx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] calls

7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] checks
xxx xxx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] checks
xxx xxx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] checks

7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] bets
xxx xxx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] checks calls
xxx xxx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] checks calls

7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] checks
xxx xxx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx checks
xxx xxx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx checks

Anyone else wants to see a bet on the river?

Andy B 11-13-2005 10:09 PM

Re: Checking river last to act with a strong stud8 hand

I'd bet, but I don't think that checking is the end of the world. I doubt that you're scooping this puppy. You're basically laying 2:1 that neither of them has made a better Seven-low or two pair. Especially at this level, I would expect your opponents to check some decent hands.

benwood 11-13-2005 10:25 PM

Re: Checking river last to act with a strong stud8 hand

Is it wrong to bring it in for a full bet on 3rd? I don't know. 5th st:Wow. # 3 must have paired. Still should have bet. I would bet the river . I don't think you will lose both ways to these 2 checkers.