Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Is betting these.. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376799)

SlyGuy 11-12-2005 01:12 AM

Is betting these..

even worth it? I think I spew money when running poorly with these missed overcard hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.66 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.66 BB

imported_leader 11-12-2005 01:25 AM

Re: Is betting these..

That board is pretty drawless on the flop. So unless he's calling with complete sh!t he has you beat. Without a read I think you played it fine.

11-12-2005 01:42 AM

Give reads when you post.

imported_leader 11-12-2005 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Give reads when you post.

[/ QUOTE ]

SlyGuy 11-12-2005 03:32 AM

Yes, i know this. I am not looking for read based plays. I understand that things change based on the player so assume an unknown. I can generally figure how to adjust a default play for a certain player type.

imported_leader 11-12-2005 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, i know this. I am not looking for read based plays. I understand that things change based on the player so assume an unknown. I can generally figure how to adjust a default play for a certain player type.

[/ QUOTE ]
Without a read in a close situation the decision could go either way. There is no "default play" in many situations. You can't reduce poker to "default plays." There are just too many variables. If you have even 10 hands on the guy that tells you something.

Stinkybeaver 11-12-2005 03:59 AM

No doubt you need to bet this flop. you'll take it down right away enough times to make it worth it. So don't secondguess your continuebets just because they don't do the trick every time.

when the board like this pretty drawless and nonscary you gotta bet. I'll bet turn here aswell if I have the slightest reads that this guy peels flop with air.

But your line is definately fine.

Escape 11-12-2005 04:49 AM

Isn't this line super standard?