Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   .5-1 Live, flops low flush w/ action (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375638)

11-10-2005 10:48 AM

.5-1 Live, flops low flush w/ action

$0.50-$1.00 Live, 7-handed

The game is starting to get short, and raises aren't quite as large as they were earlier in the night ($3-$8 vs $4-$12). The game seems to be getting loose/passive, but the villian (BB) in question, who is normally fairly loose, has been tightening up at this point. He smoked 2 joints while we'd been playing, the last being approximately an hour ago.

UTG+1 is being fairly playful, making small bets in many pots.

Button is TAG, and I avoid him whenever possible. He calls a lot of hands preflop getting implied odds, but plays mostly straightforward postflop.

I've been betting small on tons of flops lately, but usually folding to significant action behind me. I haven't played a monster hand postflop yet.

BB (~$225)
UTG+1 (~$75)
Hero (~$250)
Button (~$300)

Hero is CO with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop:
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $3, folds, Hero calls, Button calls, folds, BB re-raises to $8, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls

Flop: ($32) T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB bets $25, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $100, Button folds, BB goes all-in for $203, Hero goes into the tank...

BB went all-in fairly quickly and stacked his chips in a spread out fashion. I ask him what he has, he says I have to call to find out, but also mentions that he has beat right now. After some thinking time, I ask him again, and he says he'll show me if I fold. His leg is also bouncing up and down.

emil3000 11-10-2005 10:54 AM

Re: .5-1 Live, flops low flush w/ action

Gotta call it man.

beavens 11-10-2005 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gotta call it man.

[/ QUOTE ]

noggindoc 11-10-2005 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gotta call it man.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4_2_it 11-10-2005 02:22 PM

I don't know what to make of a hyper-active stoner. If this was a sober newbie, I would fold withour any other reads because all that nervous energy screams monster.

Having said that, I call and pay off his Q high flush.

11-10-2005 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what to make of a hyper-active stoner. If this was a sober newbie, I would fold withour any other reads because all that nervous energy screams monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of curiosity, what Qxs is he re-raising with preflop?

4_2_it 11-10-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what to make of a hyper-active stoner. If this was a sober newbie, I would fold without any other reads because all that nervous energy screams monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of curiosity, what Qxs is he re-raising with preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's stoned, how am I supposed to know [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Maybe I need to up his range to K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Sounds like he is capable of shifting gears and might be one of those LAGs who likes building the pot pre-flop so he can correctly call bets with his draw.

There's probably a higher likelihood he flopped a set. As I said in OP, I would call, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was drawing dead.

11-10-2005 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I ask him what he has, he says I have to call to find out, but also mentions that he has beat right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a set or two pair. I'm guessing TT.

Call.

-fop

topbrelan 11-10-2005 03:10 PM

Gotta call -- set of aces?

orange 11-10-2005 03:26 PM

I think villan's hand range is A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], obviously 77,AA,1010, maybe K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A10, 2 spades, maybe a few others.

I think you are ahead of villan. I call here.