Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   $600 NL Party (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375594)

David100 11-10-2005 08:34 AM

$600 NL Party

Sorry for not using hand converter, cannot seem to get it work.

Average/tight player in 6person 3/6 nl is in lp and raises to $18.
Folded to me in BB with AcJd and I call.
Flop is Jack rag rag with two spades giving me TPTK.
I check, he bets 35 into a pot of 38. I reraise 80 and he re raises 160.
I think about it and call. Turn is a blank. I check and he pushes all in for 400 into a pot of 360 ish.

Should I have folded the flop? Should I fold the turn?

Ty

Dave

wtfsvi 11-10-2005 08:42 AM

Re: $600 NL Party

Yeah, you should have folded the flop. You should also have folded preflop. And you should not have check-minraised.

emil3000 11-10-2005 08:42 AM

Checkraising this flop is very bad, the last two streets become crazy difficult to play. Check/call and leading turn, or betting out is much better. As played, fold to the threebet.

emil3000 11-10-2005 08:44 AM

I think calling this preflop in the BB might be a leak of mine. You're adamant about this?

Reraising is fine, BTW.

Rex Bluett 11-10-2005 08:47 AM

fold or reraise preflop if you really think he's stealing
post flop once your check raise gets popped you got to figure your behind . your oop with one vulnerable pair , best you can hope for is a split .

Hattifnatt 11-10-2005 09:03 AM

Fold to his 3-bet on the flop. TP on turn OOP with draws out there is not a fun spot to be in.

I prefer to bet out something like $30 on the flop and fold to the raise. I also like the c/c on the flop more than the c/r.

Hattifnatt 11-10-2005 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think calling this preflop in the BB might be a leak of mine. You're adamant about this?

Reraising is fine, BTW.

[/ QUOTE ]
I see no problem with calling in BB with AJo with a LP raise. Dont think you lose very much by just folding either.

The % villian is raising preflop is an important factor as well.

Maybe without reads at all its better to just fold there to a standard 4bb raise? a 3bb raise I guess I call any time.

11-10-2005 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Reraising is fine, BTW.

[/ QUOTE ]
I see no problem with calling in BB with AJo with a LP raise. Dont think you lose very much by just folding either.

The % villian is raising preflop is an important factor as well.

Maybe without reads at all its better to just fold there to a standard 4bb raise? a 3bb raise I guess I call any time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling is a leak if you are looking to hit a flop to continue. If you are going to lead out strong on a rag flop with a high chance of villain folding, then fine, but calling to hit a hand out of the blinds against a late potision raiser is a waste of money. Add to that if you do hit your hand you'll be potentially dominated and OOP. Negative implied odds I believe is the term...

wtfsvi 11-10-2005 09:20 AM

Well, if tight means tight raising requirements (passive really), I think OP would be much better off folding this preflop. If villain opens all sorts of junk, like normal people, calling is fine (since it's 3bb). Then check call flop, lead turn fold to raise would be the normal line.

I read tight to mean passive preflop. Don't know if it did.

Anyway, AJo oop is garbage.

emil3000 11-10-2005 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, AJo oop is garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know, still seduced by the big cards after this long. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]