Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   River re-raise bluff. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375158)

kongo_totte 11-09-2005 05:45 PM

River re-raise bluff.

Villian (SB) is 19/5.5 and seems solid. I have a note that says "may induce bluffs" if that helps. I have been pretty aggressive pre-flop so far, and have taken alot of pots pre-flop. Hero is dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG+1. Effective stacks $209.

NL200 6-max

Pre-flop

1 folds, Hero raises to $8, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop ($17) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

SB checks, Hero bets $14, SB calls

Turn ($43) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

SB checks, Hero checks

River ($43) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

SB bets $25, hero raises to $75.

Thoughts?

Kimpan 11-09-2005 05:49 PM

Re: River re-raise bluff.

I fold it...
I might raise against an overagressive opponent...

4_2_it 11-09-2005 05:52 PM

Your folding everything but the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (maybe J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) and boats. I'll let a math expert expound how often this move has to be successful to be profitable, but it looks like villain is scared as well so why not, it's only money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hattifnatt 11-09-2005 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your folding everything but the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (maybe J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) and boats. I'll let a math expert expound how often this move has to be successful to be profitable, but it looks like villain is scared as well so why not, it's only money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont think he looks scared at all, he made a decent bet. I also dont like the bluff.

11-09-2005 06:45 PM

putting up $75 to win $68. you need to be right over half the time.

I would feel more comfortable making this bluff if he bet the turn and checked the river. As is, I wouldn't make this bluff, I wouldn't even think of it to tell you the truth. But that doesn't mean it's a bad play. Still, this spot is marginal at best.

beset7 11-09-2005 08:51 PM

I like it. But I lose a lot of money bluffing.

kongo_totte 11-10-2005 12:31 AM

Question

If the turn were the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] instead of the board pairing 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], would that change your view of the play?

xcrack999 11-10-2005 12:43 AM

It looks a lot like a blocking bet from a high ace. He's probably folding AQ, AJ, and maybe even AK to a raise. The only reasonable hands that he can have that he would call with are TT, AQ[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], QQ[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and JJ[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and that's only a small percentage of his hand range, so I like your raise.

kongo_totte 11-10-2005 05:53 AM

Results

Anyway, he pretty much insta-folded.

srm80 11-10-2005 06:45 AM

Re: Results

nh, bold river bet, i like it