Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   River Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375080)

Scotch78 11-09-2005 03:37 PM

River Questions

MP2 is a potential calling station, but too soon to say for sure. Nada on the villain.

If I give him a hand range of JJ+, AK, AQs, then I'm beat 100% of the time so calling is only profitable if he's been full of [censored] the whole time or has the case tens. However, with that range of hands he doesn't have an ace 50% of the time. So if he'll fold JJ-KK 25% of the time, a bluff is profitable here, right? Which leads to the next question, he's not folding a big pair that often, right?

Pacific $2/$4 Limit Hold'em

Dealt to Hero [ 10c 10h ]
5 folds.
MP2 calls [$2].
2 folds.
Hero raises [$3].
BB raises [$4].
MP2 calls [$4].
Hero calls [$2].

** Dealing Flop ** [ 5d, 4c, 5s ]
Hero bets [$2].
BB raises [$4].
MP2 calls [$4].
Taraza calls [$2].

** Dealing Turn ** [ 9s ]
Hero checks.
BB bets [$4].
MP2 folds.
Hero calls [$4].

** Dealing River ** [ As ]
Hero . . .

Scott

@bsolute_luck 11-09-2005 03:59 PM

Re: River Questions

i'm not folding if i have any of those hands because i don't think you'd donkbet that flop with Ace-high nor do i think you have A4 or a 5. your flop bet says "i have a smaller pocket pair and want to limit the field". so, for me, no i'm not folding my high PP to your river donkbet 25% of the time.

crazygoose 11-09-2005 04:28 PM

check fold that.

ErrantNight 11-09-2005 04:38 PM

c/fold is fine on the river...

W. Deranged 11-09-2005 06:39 PM

I kind of like donk-betting this turn and folding to a raise.

We can find a fold on that river. We're beating nothing that three-bets out of the BB at this point, and your opponent is never folding JJ-KK here.

Scotch78 11-09-2005 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I kind of like donk-betting this turn and folding to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming this is to prevent him from taking a free card with AK, but even if we include AQs it's still more likely that we're behind so I'm not sure what's best.

Scott

W. Deranged 11-09-2005 08:15 PM

If you don't think that you are going to bet raised on the turn by a worse hand ever, betting the turn and folding to a raise:

1. Doesn't let villain take a free card with AK or AQ or something.

2. Let's you get away from the hand for 1 bet rather than 2 if you're behind and can fold to a turn raise.

So it seems it has some definite advantages over a call down. The fact we have very few outs to improve when behind is another reason I like betting.

If we think there's any reasonable chance villain would raise a turn donk without a pair, then we should check, because paying 3 bets to see a showdown instead of 2 generally sucks.

Ianco15 11-09-2005 08:33 PM

I've seen people go crazy like this at 2/4 with 88 or 77. I expect to see JJ or better most of the time, but I don't fold this river for one more bet. I hate making tough river folds and I think this hand fits that description. Call and make sure than villain isn't a maniac.