Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Priest done for the year (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375035)

pryor15 11-09-2005 02:24 PM

Priest done for the year

link

If you've got Larry Johnson as your RB, rejoice.

Soul Daddy 11-09-2005 02:31 PM

Re: Priest done for the year

At this point it's no more substantiated than it was on Monday night. But yeah, LJ owners like myself are happy about their teams.

Still, I am sad to see this news. Hopefully it's not as dire as the original rumors indicated. He was a joy to watch over the past few years. I am not a Chiefs' fan, but I seem to watch entire KC games every week, and he is largely the reason.

wayabvpar 11-09-2005 04:12 PM

I have Steven Jackson, Edgerrin James and Larry Johnson. How do I throw one of them on the bench as I merrily waltz to the league championship?

queenwithatrey 11-09-2005 04:27 PM

I believe I had that one.

Signed,
Everyone in the world

Zurvan 11-09-2005 04:45 PM

I just heard on the radio that he may announce his retirement, as early as tomorrow. Apparently, he has a lump on his spine that makes him prone to paralyzation. Unsubstantiated rumour, courtesy of the FAN 590.

Sluss 11-09-2005 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have Steven Jackson, Edgerrin James and Larry Johnson. How do I throw one of them on the bench as I merrily waltz to the league championship?

[/ QUOTE ]Trade Edge for Chad Johnson on Sunday and crush people.

Sluss 11-09-2005 04:55 PM

By the way. I traded Priest Holmes for Torry Holt two weeks ago. W00T for me! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

wayabvpar 11-09-2005 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Trade Edge for Chad Johnson on Sunday and crush people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Chad would look good opposite of Steve Smith in my lineup.

Jack of Arcades 11-09-2005 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At this point it's no more substantiated than it was on Monday night. But yeah, LJ owners like myself are happy about their teams.

Still, I am sad to see this news. Hopefully it's not as dire as the original rumors indicated. He was a joy to watch over the past few years. I am not a Chiefs' fan, but I seem to watch entire KC games every week, and he is largely the reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Priest Holmes is the second greatest back I've ever seen - the best being Marshall Faulk in his prime.

Absolutely amazing runner and pass-catcher. I can't really see him coming back and having productive years... he's been slipping this year, and LJ should be the clear #1 from this point forward.

I look forward to seeing Larry Johnson and Steven Jackson carry the torches for years to come, both of them are great backs in their own right.

SomethingClever 11-09-2005 05:15 PM

Did you not watch Walter Payton when you were a kid?