Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Family pot capped (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374460)

Spicymoose 11-08-2005 05:43 PM

Family pot capped

Button was LAG and bad at it. MP is 83/6.5/.7, but only after 25, and he actually seems somewhat reasonable. The rest of the table are just the random bunch.

I wanted to check raise the flop, but looking back at it, I think a better idea may be to lead. First of all, just about everyone will have odds to draw even if I do check raise. Second of all, it could get checked through, as shown, if preflop capper has overcards and is scared of so many opponents. If leading is the right more, and I do it, how do you play if

a) you have a few callers and button raises
b) someone else raises

Otherwise, how do you like my play? 3-bet preflop?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (12 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (17 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23 BB

Crimson 11-08-2005 05:49 PM

Re: Family pot capped

First, 3 bet PF. That would change the flop action significantly...

I would lead the flop, turn, and river, and fold to the raise on the river, though i'm not sure if that is best.

Do you think he is raising A7?

kidcolin 11-08-2005 06:35 PM

I like calling preflop. 3-betting just inflates a big pot OOP with a LAG last to act with a mediocre multiway hand. Just calling let's you check-raise and face the field with 2 cold on a lot of flops.

To the OP, I think a river fold is warranted, but I'm not sure if I could do it myself.

RunDownHouse 11-08-2005 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, just about everyone will have odds to draw even if I do check raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I go for this c/r as well. Everyone may have odds to call, but many of them will fold incorrectly, which is great for you. It really blows that it was checked through, but you can't expect that to happen very often with a lrr and a capper.