Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Do I raise this river? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374243)

jazzcom 11-08-2005 12:27 PM

Do I raise this river?

Party 2-4 limit. Villain's stats are 19/9.7/2.6. Villain is BB

Hero is UTG and is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Preflop: Hero raises, folds to villain, villain calls.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain checks, hero bets, villain calls.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain checks, hero bets, villain calls.

River: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain bets, hero?

thanks for listening.
-jazz

droolie 11-08-2005 12:31 PM

Re: Do I raise this river?

This guy is a TAG and is doing the WA/WB on you. Raise it.

paperboyNC 11-08-2005 12:32 PM

You aren't behind to much and he's pretty aggressive. Unless he has 33, 88 or a 9, you are ahead. And there are a lot of worse hands that he pays you off with.

11-08-2005 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This guy is a TAG and is doing the WA/WB on you. Raise it.

[/ QUOTE ]

tiltaholic 11-08-2005 12:47 PM

yeah. raise.

11-08-2005 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This guy is a TAG and is doing the WA/WB on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

WA/WB? Can you please tell me what you mean by this?

jazzcom 11-08-2005 01:11 PM

Re: Do I raise this river? Results

Hero raises, villain 3-bets, hero calls.
villain shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

To frisbee: WA/WB means "way ahead or way behind"

droolie 11-08-2005 01:12 PM

Way ahead or way behind. You are either ahead with your opponent drawing slim or behind drawing slim and it's close either way. In these cases if we are OOP position the standard line is check/call, check/call, bet/fold (or call if you have a maniac read). This line winsus the most when we are ahead and loses us the least when we are behind.

In this case the TAG probably has an A and he's hoping you have an underpair and will pay him off on the river. You must raise and hope he's curious about whether or not his kicker is good.

11-08-2005 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Way ahead or way behind. You are either ahead with your opponent drawing slim or behind drawing slim and it's close either way. In these cases if we are OOP position the standard line is check/call, check/call, bet/fold (or call if you have a maniac read). This line winsus the most when we are ahead and loses us the least when we are behind.

In this case the TAG probably has an A and he's hoping you have an underpair and will pay him off on the river. You must raise and hope he's curious about whether or not his kicker is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank You!

Mister Z 11-08-2005 01:56 PM

I raise it. He thinks you're on a total steal.