Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Theory (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   is this legal to do? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374129)

11-08-2005 06:00 AM

is this legal to do?

can i show my two hole cards during play?

if there is much money in the pot and there has been a reraise and many calls that one and I GO ALL IN with A,A.
I dont wanna play 2 or more opps, I am satisfied with the money in the pot allready SO I SHOW MY ACES when i pushes all my chips in - is this legal to do? I prob will be beaten by someone if it turns out to be a multipot, so i try to scare them.

4ever 11-08-2005 06:21 AM

Re: is this legal to do?

No..its not allowed (at least at any normal card room) and rightly so. You might kill action for another player who might want the callers.

No good player is going to fold even if you DO show your cards, if he has the correct odds to hang around...and it sounds like he might.

Youre a favorite anyway, even if its only slight. You don't want them to fold.

11-08-2005 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't want them to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do! And very much also [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thetman 11-08-2005 09:44 AM

Just announce that you have aces.

11-08-2005 12:58 PM

so I can't just flip them over?
would i be out of the pot or whole tournament if I do that?

11-08-2005 01:19 PM

First time you would probably get a warning. Its a cheap ploy though and not really fit to be discussed. Play your cards correctly and stop trying to cheat the system. Push them out of the pot with a bet, not some pathetic ploy

Xhad 11-08-2005 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You don't want them to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do! And very much also [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless this is a tournament, at the final table or near the bubble, you shouldn't want them to fold.

Exposing your hand at any time during a tournament will subject you to a penalty in most places. In a cash game, you will have done your opponents a favor so anyone who complains is a moron.

11-08-2005 02:05 PM

As far as I know, if you turn up one or more of your hole cards, your hand is dead and you're out of this pot. There aren't a whole lot of offenses like this that will forfeit the tournament for you.

This rule isn't universal, but it's pretty close -- the National Heads-up Poker Championship allowed you to show your cards, but being heads-up, that's a little different.

Trantor 11-08-2005 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First time you would probably get a warning. Its a cheap ploy though and not really fit to be discussed. Play your cards correctly and stop trying to cheat the system. Push them out of the pot with a bet, not some pathetic ploy

[/ QUOTE ]

if it is legal it is part of the game as much as any other legal action. So IF legal why should it be considered a cheap ploy?

11-08-2005 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if it is legal it is part of the game as much as any other legal action. So IF legal why should it be considered a cheap ploy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because its not legal... although the first offense would likely only get a warning. Its pretty tough to get thrown out of a tournament.