Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Plan for Turn? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373792)

maranello11 11-07-2005 07:37 PM

Plan for Turn?

1-2 6 Max
Villian is decent thinking player.

I get J9 in CO and call 2, small completes and big checks.

Flop: 8h Jd 9d

check, check I bet 4, Villian raises to 12, big blind calls, I call

Turn: Js

Villian bets 25, big folds, whats my action.

I have about 150 left, Villian covers

maranello11 11-07-2005 07:52 PM

Re: Plan for Turn?

To start some discussion I am pretty confident he has a straight and I am looking how to stack him if possible. Should i make my move on the turn or wait for the river?

Bukem_ 11-07-2005 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To start some discussion I am pretty confident he has a straight and I am looking how to stack him if possible. Should i make my move on the turn or wait for the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he will bet river, I call turn, he will have real hard time folding to your river push, and I like this best. If you think he checks river, I raise turn, unless that will scare him off. Probably 60 on turn.

afreeman 11-07-2005 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats my action.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do you think he'll call?

Villain's betting suggests that he has a weak made hand like jack-rag, eight/nine-rag or a flush draw and wants you to go away; he probably won't call a push. So I probably min-raise the turn to give him odds for a flush draw. After he checks on the river, I'd follow with about $50 and hope he pushes.

Bukem_ 11-07-2005 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
whats my action.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do you think he'll call?

Villain's betting suggests that he has a weak made hand like jack-rag, eight/nine-rag or a flush draw and wants you to go away; he probably won't call a push. So I probably min-raise the turn to give him odds for a flush draw. After he checks on the river, I'd follow with about $50 and hope he pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm. Villains betting indicates he likes his hand very much.

afreeman 11-07-2005 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop, "decent thinking player" bets 6BB into a 5BB pot and on the turn he bets 12.5BB into a pot of 18BB, from the SB.

What do you put him on?

Bukem_ 11-07-2005 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop, "decent thinking player" bets 6BB into a 5BB pot and on the turn he bets 12.5BB into a pot of 18BB, from the SB.

What do you put him on?

[/ QUOTE ]

He cred flop. JT, 88, straight, AJ, 99, he has a hand here.

And raise preflop OP.

maranello11 11-07-2005 08:17 PM

I am pretty sure he has straight. If I raise the turn here large like an over bet it may look like I have a Set or naked Jack. If I min-raise I feel that warns him a little. If I call there are cards that will kill my action right? So how much do I bet on this turn?

Bukem_ 11-07-2005 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure he has straight. If I raise the turn here large like an over bet it may look like I have a Set or naked Jack. If I min-raise I feel that warns him a little. If I call there are cards that will kill my action right? So how much do I bet on this turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I said go to 60 already. You want a combo of price that doesn't scare him off, and sets up river to be an easy all in.