Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Stan Goldstein and the Kamikazee Kid (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373561)

Toro 11-07-2005 02:28 PM

Stan Goldstein and the Kamikazee Kid

I can't make up my mind if Stan made a bad play or a good play with his table talk prior to pushing all-in with A9o against the kamikazi kid who had JT.

I thought that the way he was talking that he absolutely did not want a call. He was doing the math in his head and saying that the raise was enough to make Hon fold the hand etc, etc. But because the kamakazi kid is a maniac the talk actually induced the call. So if he was trying to make him fold it was a bad play.

But if he was trying to induce a call so he could double up. then brilliant, it worked except Hon hit his card and busted him.

Personally, I wouldn't want a call there since I'm not a big enough favorite and thought that he should have silently stacked up and pushed all-in. Kamikazee kid is more likely to fold if not challenged.

jd2b2006 11-07-2005 02:43 PM

Re: Stan Goldstein and the Kamikazee Kid

If I remember correctly, I think Hon Le was getting somewhere around 3-to-1 on the call. He probably would have called whether or not Stan spoke.

Toro 11-07-2005 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I remember correctly, I think Hon Le was getting somewhere around 3-to-1 on the call. He probably would have called whether or not Stan spoke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure he was getting 3 to 1 because that was part of Goldsteins out loud thinking that he had enough to push Hon off the hand. In fact he said "yeah, I got just enough that you have to fold." Of course, no way was Hon Le folding after that statement.

11-07-2005 04:33 PM

I think he was trying to induce a call with ace low, or something worse.... as it stood, he couldnt have been tooo upset when the guy turned over JT, its 70 30 there I believe.

Toro 11-07-2005 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he was trying to induce a call with ace low, or something worse.... as it stood, he couldnt have been tooo upset when the guy turned over JT, its 70 30 there I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, not that good. Only 56/44.

11-07-2005 05:18 PM

yeah, you're right, I was thinking two undercards.

can't believe I got that wrong.

oh well.

shaniac 11-07-2005 06:48 PM

Can you tell me what poker broadcast this post references?

11-07-2005 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you tell me what poker broadcast this post references?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a season one World Poker Tour event.

Roswell 11-07-2005 11:45 PM

I've played with Stan Goldstein in the 10/20 NL at the Commerce a bunch of times. At first I didn't know who he was, but thought he was way too loose-aggressive. I even put him on my donk list and tried to get in his game.

Later on someone told me it was Stan Goldstein, and I realized my donk detector might be broken.

shaniac 11-08-2005 12:19 AM

Slumming it again, Roswell?