Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AKo vs. a loose defender (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372792)

Nick C 11-06-2005 04:15 AM

AKo vs. a loose defender

BB is 34/8/1.4 after 172 hands. He is also 62/10 in the BB for that stretch and has a 0.0 Folded BB to Steal percentage.

In my notes, I had written that he was a "K7s LAG" (based on a hand where he open-limped with that hand in MP).

A few orbits before the posted hand, I watched him open-raise from the CO with 66. He got called by the BB, and then he 3-bet a flop checkraise on a KT4 rainbow, called a cap, bet when checked to when the turn brought another king and called down after he got checkraised again.

Villain had been running hot since then, but that 66 hand made my notes too.

Anyway, here goes:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks . . .

Now what? Check with outs, planning to call a river bet? Bet-fold? Bet-call?

KDawgCometh 11-06-2005 04:23 AM

Re: AKo vs. a loose defender

I would definetly consider checking the turn and calling a river bet by him. Getting CRed on this turn would suck, and a check may just induce a bluff on his part on the river that he may not call if you just bet out the turn

olavfo 11-06-2005 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now what? Check with outs, planning to call a river bet? Bet-fold? Bet-call?

[/ QUOTE ]
Scary board, but we have no reason to believe he has a J yet. He will often have a piece of this board, however, so we should bet. A check-raise would suck, but allowing him to draw out for free would suck more.

Given your reads on him I would grumble but probably call down if he check-raises. Anyhow, I would definitely bet the turn.

BoxLiquid 11-06-2005 04:35 AM

doesn't fold at all in BB to steal? He probably thinks his queens are good. I think he's gotta be the most craziest donkey to call 4 bet with 66 when the flop is KTX. I would make value bet turn and river. That's just me. But if you want to be real safe. I would check the turn and let him bluff the river. He can't have a flush . He plays too irrational.

Theres no way he's slowplaying a set. He would reraise in the BB. 99, KK, QQ. flush draw? I doubt it he defends his blinds 100% of the time. I would have to be more observant on his betting patterns to find out what the optimal play is here.

Alex/Mugaaz 11-06-2005 04:39 AM

How often does he have to not have the jack if he will call down with any piece to make betting profitable as compared to how often does he need to bluff bet the river with a hand we beat? This problem is somewhat beyond me. Can anyone answer this?

Nick C 11-06-2005 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How often does he have to not have the jack if he will call down with any piece to make betting profitable as compared to how often does he need to bluff bet the river with a hand we beat? This problem is somewhat beyond me. Can anyone answer this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the answer either, but during the hand I was looking at the board (on the turn) and thinking that, against a BB who was merely semi-loose, the chances would be really, really good that I was the one who needed a free card, versus two pair if not a straight.

Against my actual opponent, hands like Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] seemed possible, and I didn't know what to do.

Carmine 11-06-2005 09:46 AM

It seems to me that against this player bet/call and calling the river should be profitable. We are talking about 1BB more going into this pot(I assume Hero is not checking through this river). I think we make much more than that all the times he CD with mid pair or tries to bluff.

I realize your read may not be 100% if we are just going by that one hand, but once I see this from a player several times and have him pegged as a bluffaholic(or just to stupid to know when he is likely beat)I welcome the turn raise.

toss 11-06-2005 10:57 AM

Edit: Villain seems to have maniacal traits. I'd check behind and call just about any river. Against someone who is going to make a lot of moves I'll try to showdown with any decent hand for as cheaply as possible.

Nick C 11-06-2005 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet/fold the turn and check behind on the river. Checking lets villain bluff us off a hand on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have called, though.

toss 11-06-2005 11:05 AM

Teehee I changed my post. Seems villain is a looney.