Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AA hand at Party (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372571)

Hattifnatt 11-05-2005 06:38 PM

AA hand at Party

Villians second hand at the table so no read there whatsoever.

I really don't like these spots against uknowns.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, 4$ BB (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($401)
MP ($444.10)
Button ($897.15)
SB ($403.60)
BB ($400)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $14, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($36) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $35</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $100</font>, Hero calls $65.

Turn: ($236) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $288 and is all-in</font>, Hero...?

Comments on the flop are preciated as well.

Bukem_ 11-05-2005 06:43 PM

Re: AA hand at Party

Umm, you know the turn push is coming, why are you calling the flop if you don't plan on calling this?

Hattifnatt 11-05-2005 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm, you know the turn push is coming, why are you calling the flop if you don't plan on calling this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I called to see how he should react to a spade/non-spade. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Make no sence at all, huh?

Bukem_ 11-05-2005 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I called to see how he should react to a spade/non-spade. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need a better plan on the flop, a spade shouldn't change too much with this action.

Hattifnatt 11-05-2005 07:39 PM

Any one? What's the best line (or whats Your standard line) to take here against a complete uknown player at Party NL400? Just fold to on the flop, push the flop, fold turn?

Guess other players than me get into these situations as well.

Hattifnatt 11-05-2005 10:40 PM

Bump it up

Hattifnatt 11-05-2005 10:41 PM

What plan do you prefer/take?

Bukem_ 11-05-2005 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What plan do you prefer/take?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to say when they just sit down, a lot is by feel from the little info I have.

I'm definitely not calling that flop with the intention of folding the turn. Either folding flop, raising it, or calling with intention of putting it in on the turn.

benwood 11-05-2005 11:07 PM

Remember, this guy doesn't know anything about you either. The normal player in your position has a high pair &amp; will call his bets on the flop &amp; turn. This is what he is expecting you to do. So---fold when he c/r's the flop. This is assuming he's a "normal"player, too.If you find out later that he's a stone cold maniac, you'll know that you blew it.(LOL) Good luck.

11-05-2005 11:15 PM

His line does not look like a set to me. If he had a set, it'd be a very easy half pot lead on the turn, push remaining on the river to ensure he keeps you in the hand.

His push on the turn looks like A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I call in that spot.