Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   3-tabling vs. 2-tabling at $10/20 6-max (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371900)

pyroponic 11-04-2005 03:39 PM

3-tabling vs. 2-tabling at $10/20 6-max

I've logged in about 60k hands at $10/20 6-max and am less than impressed with my results. I've been thinking about cutting out a table as I would be able to completely focus on the two games whereas with three I am not paying any attention and am practially playing ABC. Anyway, I've always been good at multi-tabling (playing 8 of full at one point), but it seems like this game you really need to be paying attention even when you're not in a hand. Any comments are appreciated.

jph0424 11-04-2005 03:49 PM

Re: 3-tabling vs. 2-tabling at $10/20 6-max

Its a tough call, it really depends on if money made from your reads will improve enough to offset the loss of rakeback/money earned on the 3rd table. For me it does not and I find I make more money as I play more tables up to 4 in the 10/20 game and then it levels off pretty much if I play 5 or 6. I think it is worth a shot, make a note of everytime you did something different based on reads and see how often it is happening and how successful it is.

kross 11-04-2005 03:49 PM

There's no reason you can't pay attention at 3 tables.

I don't think it's the number of tables, I think it's the fact that you're used to playing ABC poker by playing 8 tables full. You just need to train yourself to pay attention.

Then again, if you feel you need to cut back to 2 tables to pay attention, then do it.

krishanleong 11-04-2005 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've logged in about 60k hands at $10/20 6-max and am less than impressed with my results. I've been thinking about cutting out a table as I would be able to completely focus on the two games whereas with three I am not paying any attention and am practially playing ABC. Anyway, I've always been good at multi-tabling (playing 8 of full at one point), but it seems like this game you really need to be paying attention even when you're not in a hand. Any comments are appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably just aren't as good as you could be. And I don't mean that in a mean coldhearted way. I'm just saying there are people that can multitable 10/20 with good success. Josh is a good example.

There are lots of ways to improve.

Krishan

pyroponic 11-04-2005 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no reason you can't pay attention at 3 tables.

I don't think it's the number of tables, I think it's the fact that you're used to playing ABC poker by playing 8 tables full. You just need to train yourself to pay attention.

Then again, if you feel you need to cut back to 2 tables to pay attention, then do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe trying to pay attention could be a start as I think i've gotten really lazy in that department. And in terms of skill at $10/20 yes i'll admit it is no where as high as it could be which I acknowledge especially since I just moved up recently.

kidcolin 11-04-2005 03:58 PM

I'm trying to improve my multitabling as well. I suggest dropping to two tables, work on your observation skills, and as you become comfortable at 2 tables, then add the 3rd, repeat the process, and so on.

gildwulf 11-04-2005 05:01 PM

Take a break and learn how to play heads-up, then go back to two or three tables. It just sounds like you need to get away from ABC poker for a while and focus on reading your opponent. The best way to do this is HU.