Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   OT: Not a BadBeat Post; Just "WTF" (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371842)

skipperbob 11-04-2005 02:13 PM

OT: Not a BadBeat Post; Just \"WTF\"

My typical month is 20 - 22 winning days (all small) with 3 - 5 big losers to end up a loser for the month, or maybe a very small winner????...similarly, I'll have several 0 for 7 runs, but never a 7-in-a-row ITM streak [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Any Comments?

se2schul 11-04-2005 02:16 PM

Re: OT: Not a BadBeat Post; Just \"WTF\"

Variance works both ways.
Congrats.

kyro 11-04-2005 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why you continue to be a favorite of people on this board is beyond me. That's my only comment.

pineapple888 11-04-2005 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My typical month is 20 - 22 winning days (all small) with 3 - 5 big losers to end up a loser for the month, or maybe a very small winner????...similarly, I'll have several 0 for 7 runs, but never a 7-in-a-row ITM streak [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Any Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. If your ITM is 40%, say, then your losing streaks will be longer and deeper than your winning streaks. At 50%, you would expect them to be equal.

You make money by grinding out enough relatively small winning days to offset the occasional big loser. Or don't make money, in your case [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Jbrochu 11-04-2005 02:21 PM

Since the average player has a 30% chance to finish ITM and a 70% to finish OTM, it's much more probable to finish 7 OTM in a row than 7 ITM in a row.

My best ITM streak is 5 and worst OTM is 8. (This is single-tabling and since I recently started multi-tabling I suspect my OTM record will be broken relatively soon.)

pokerdirty 11-04-2005 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why you continue to be a favorite of people on this board is beyond me. That's my only comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just can't stop looking at the gay winking sailor!

zambonidrivr 11-04-2005 02:26 PM

Are you kidding me?
If anyone should have their name highlighted in color, it should be this dildo.

Jbrochu 11-04-2005 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In a Trout tournament, Skipper taught me that getting it folded around to you in the BB is not a "free pass," but a "walk." Since then I've been just about the coolest thing since sliced bread at my homes games... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

11-04-2005 02:59 PM

Have you tried dropping down a level, or even 2 levels, for a while? I did that once and then, later, gradually returned to the higher level successfully...and continued advancing from there. Have a nice weekend! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

skipperbob 11-04-2005 03:21 PM

Thank You for the thoughtful reply...I may even try it.