Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   20 Table SNG's The Big Bad Bubble *******no bad beat storys please!!!! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371508)

Nepa 11-04-2005 12:49 AM

20 Table SNG\'s The Big Bad Bubble *******no bad beat storys please!!!!

I'm surprised that no one started up a thread yet Strategy for these yet so here it is.

I have been having no problem getting down to the final 4 tables in these but have been getting killed almost everytime after I get to this stage.

My main question is bubble play at this point. Are you better off just sitting back limping into the money or gambling up to get yourself in position to win. Most of the times I have been gambling I have been getting in with the best of it and just not getting there. I'm sure my luck will change soon just wonder how some of the other people here are playing at this stage. Thanks for any help!

11-04-2005 12:53 AM

Re: 20 Table SNG\'s The Big Bad Bubble *******no bad beat storys please!!!!

I have final tabled 3 of these, and won 2 of them in the last 4 days. When I get to last 4 tables, I am playing very agressively, and trying to buid a big stack.

I have also busted against the other big stack and finished 22-25 place a couple times.

NorthernGuy 11-04-2005 01:01 AM

Re: 20 Table SNG\'s The Big Bad Bubble *******no bad beat storys please

I've played about 30-35 of these and only final tabled twice... with two other cashes. They seem pretty weak early on, but nearing the final table I've found they are much tighter and more solid. My aggressive play later on has pretty much only resulted in a few really bad beats, or I'd likely have a few more final tables.

Nepa 11-04-2005 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played about 30-35 of these and only final tabled twice... with two other cashes. They seem pretty weak early on, but nearing the final table I've found they are much tighter and more solid. My aggressive play later on has pretty much only resulted in a few really bad beats, or I'd likely have a few more final tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I have been crashing and burning on the bubble I think next time I'm just going to limp into the money then turn up the aggresstion.

EverettKings 11-04-2005 08:05 PM

The question isn't exactly whether to try to steal to build a stack on the bubble or to wait for cards. What you should try to do instead is build a stack BEFORE you get to the bubble, so that there's no question to what role you should play. Go quasi-nuts earlier to find ways to win pots and, with a little luck, you'll be in command of the bubble and can put people who are in spots like you were to tough decisions.

Good luck

Everett