Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   KTs 3-way vs a semi-LAG TAG and an ape (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371489)

brazilio 11-04-2005 12:13 AM

KTs 3-way vs a semi-LAG TAG and an ape

SB is a semi-LAG TAG who tilts occasionally. He's pretty ok, perhaps a little loose preflop and generally pretty straightforward postflop, occasionally does donky stuff and has a bad habit of calling down a bit too much. He hasn't been tilting tonight.

Button sucks, not superloose preflop but just incompetent postflop. He's at about 45/15/1.5 or so. Numbers get kind of wacky for these guys though, because I play a lot of people HU, 3-way, up to 6-way, so don't take those numbers particularly seriously.

Hero is in the BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

4-way

CO calls, Button folds, <font color="red">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

6SB to the flop 3-way

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

<font color="red">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls

3-way to the turn for 4.5BB

A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

<font color="red">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls

3-way to the river for 7.5BB

J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

<font color="red">SB bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="red">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="red">SB caps</font>, Hero says wtf.

At the time of my possible river action the pot is 16.5BB

JoshuaD 11-04-2005 12:55 AM

Re: KTs 3-way vs a semi-LAG TAG and an ape

With your reads you gotta call.

TTChamp 11-04-2005 02:09 AM

You are getting a little better than 8.5:1 to call so I think that mathematically it is a fold. One of these guys has the boat that often IMO. However, if you fold the best hand even 1 in 50 times you will be so pissed that you will most likely tilt. I think that your own sanity makes up for the missing equity so I say call. Consider it an investment in your own mental health.

Spartan1983 11-04-2005 12:16 PM

Tough one, but I would have to make a crying call.

MrWookie47 11-04-2005 12:21 PM

There are two of them which is really sucky. I don't think I can convince myself that there's not an 11% chance that neither of them have a boat. This is probably a little bit wrong, but I think I call.

spydog 11-04-2005 01:11 PM

I doubt the button is 3-betting you with anything worse than a split. When the SB caps, I think you can fold this.

tansoku 11-04-2005 02:08 PM

No flop raise?
nut flush draw + gutshot?

brazilio 11-04-2005 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No flop raise?
nut flush draw + gutshot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still breakeven even if it's all 3 of us, and the SB 3-betting is costing me money. Although this is 4-handed so I can treat the SB raise with a bit less strength, he's gonna 3-bet me a lot and then I'm his bitch.

11-04-2005 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are getting a little better than 8.5:1 to call so I think that mathematically it is a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, mathematically this is a clear call. There are far more trip or two pair hands our there than boat hands. Putting the SB on a range of 3-bet hands with an A in them and the botton with the straight, two pair, set, or boat, you have about 30% equity here.

I don't think the action is enough to lower your equity to less than 11% or so, so you should call.

TTChamp 11-04-2005 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, mathematically this is a clear call. There are far more trip or two pair hands our there than boat hands. Putting the SB on a range of 3-bet hands with an A in them and the botton with the straight, two pair , set, or boat, you have about 30% equity here.

[/ QUOTE ]

So which one has 2 pair? The guy who 3 bet after calling the whole way or the guy who capped?

I think there is no way he is ahead 11% here, but like I said in my post it is worth the lost equity to call and avoid tilt.