Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   witness my spewage (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371436)

Guruman 11-03-2005 10:37 PM

witness my spewage

please berate me for this hand.

Paradise 1/2 5max

sb is a lag/maniac. vpip is 77 agg 1.72
mp is new to the table

I'm in the CO

Dealt to Hero[ K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
MP/UTG: Call ($1)
Hero: Call ($1)
Button: Call ($1)
SB: Raise ($1.50)
RandyVet: Fold
MP/UTG: Call ($1)
Hero: Call ($1)
Button: Call ($1)

I should've raised here.

*** FLOP *** : [ 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
SB: Check
MP/UTG: Bet ($1)
Hero: Raise ($2)
Button: Fold
SB: Raise ($3)
MP/UTG: Raise ($3)
Hero: Call ($2)
SB: Call ($1)

oops, raised into a maniac and got reraised. I'm obviously brain dead as this hand is going down. Maybe I'm having sex? somthing is going on.

mp bet/capping means that I have to make my flush and pray the board doesnt pair now.

*** TURN *** : [ 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ] [ 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
SB: Bet ($2)
MP/UTG: Call ($2)
Hero: Call ($2)

paired board. no flush. huge pot. I call like a monkey.

*** RIVER *** : [ 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ] [ 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
SB: Bet ($2)
MP/UTG: Raise ($4)
Hero: Call ($4)
SB: Raise ($4)
MP/UTG: Raise ($4)
SB: Call ($2)
SB: Call ($2)

hey look everyone! I made my hand! Who cares if the board is double paired, lets all go nutz on the river together! wheeeeeeee!

(sigh) ISSCKM

Vote4Pedro 11-03-2005 10:40 PM

Re: witness my spewage

sup broseph?

HouseCalls 11-03-2005 11:11 PM

OK this is a major geek response but its true so what the heck. I was re-reading SSH this afternoon and this hand is described almost verbatim (pp150-151) - even down to the double pair and flush coming when the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] comes on the river. Ed says call it down as the raiser still is most likely to have trips rather than the full house...
and after all who am I to argue with Ed [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

El Tigre 11-03-2005 11:38 PM

spewing on hands like these is FUN!!!!!!!

eviljeff 11-04-2005 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the raiser still is most likely to have trips rather than the full house

[/ QUOTE ]

it's impossible to have trips and not be full here.

11-04-2005 12:39 AM

grunching...

I think yer in the wrong relative position to raise this flop. Rather, let it get called around and maybe SB is c/r'ing, so let him juice it. Now I see he did c/r it--hey I didn't look until after I mentioned that!

turn--i think you have to call--huge pot. The MP2 smooth call is worrisome. River is ouchy. Is MP2 raising higher flush or boat...dang. I wish I had the pot size figure right there. What are you getting to call that? It looks like SB is not letting up. I dunno. I want to see their cards, but I think I know MP2 may have a legitimate hand. Actually, SB's AF is not particularly maniacal, esp for 5-max, so they both could have a hand that beats you here often.

benkath1 11-04-2005 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raiser still is most likely to have trips rather than the full house

[/ QUOTE ]

trips as in 3 pair, or trips as in trips............and a pair?

moose47 11-04-2005 12:49 AM

Yep, raise preflop. Call the flop. Turn is fine. River card sucks. Looks likes your getting 8:1 the first time around but if it gets capped which looks likely your real odds are around 6:1. I can't imagine you are good that often here so I would let it go.

11-04-2005 04:05 AM

grunch....

raise preflop... its 5 handed come on

fairly sure you have the equity to cap flop? i cap it anyway

turn call good

river... i think you have to fold there, your odds really arent that good considering your most likely paying 8:whatever, at the very least 6

HouseCalls 11-04-2005 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's impossible to have trips and not be full here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I wrote that too fast. He's more likely to have trips on the turn. After the 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] falls he does most likely have the boat but he'd have to have it with > 95% certainty to fold so a call is still ok.