Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Give up or stab at the flop/turn???? My dilemma with LIMIT holdem (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371022)

Indiana 11-03-2005 11:20 AM

Give up or stab at the flop/turn???? My dilemma with LIMIT holdem

Many thanks in advance for viewing this thread. Im a NL player and I've heard many say that NL is harder than Limit, but I think it just depends on the situation. One situation I've really struggled with is what to do with an "Anna Kournakova" type of hand after raising before the flop. Do I need to continue or slow down??? Here are two examples. What would you do for each hand?
Hand #1:

10/20 game at the Bellagio. I raise it up with AK spades in MP behind two early limpers. The button and the two limpers come along. The pots got $95 in it and four players. The flop comes down J 8 4 all diamonds and its checked to me. What do I do?

Hand #2:
Another 10/20 game, Indiana riverboat. Again two players limp in EP and this time I raise it up in EP with AJ spades. The CO seat and two limpers call. Again there is $95 in the pot and 4 players. Flop comes down Kh 8s 4c for a nice rainbow. Its checked to me, what do I do?

Just not sure how to proceed in limit with this many players in with me.

Thanks again in advance,

Indy

La Brujita 11-03-2005 11:23 AM

Re: Give up or stab at the flop/turn???? My dilemma with LIMIT holdem

Check both hands.

11-03-2005 11:32 AM

I dont reccomend raising PF and not betting when checked to. Are you afraid that you'll get check-raised? Well, if you bet and get check-raised from EP, I'd release these hands. Otherwise, I would bet the flop and check the turn UI, in both hands.

highlife 11-03-2005 11:34 AM

hand 1 - check, fold the turn unless a A/K non diamond hits.

hand 2 - bet and call a checkraise, fold the turn UI.

how did you play 10/20 holdem at the bellagio? or was that just a hypothetical?

Indiana 11-03-2005 11:42 AM

Sorry, it wasnt the bellagio. Little confused, I believe both of these hands were here in Indiana (I'm trying to reconstruct them both as best as I can). I do believe that the Bellagio games I've played were 15/30. I checked both of these hands and they were both stolen from me by the late position player. I think I'm giving up too much.

Indy

11-03-2005 11:44 AM

yeah i just realized - bellagio doesnt spread 10/20?????

Indiana 11-03-2005 11:57 AM

You are right. The first hand was at Caesars Indiana. Sorry.

Indy

11-03-2005 12:03 PM

there is a caesars indy????

where????

A_C_Slater 11-03-2005 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check both hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

And fold to any bet.

Hand#1 -- Someone here will have a diamond that they won't fold. You are drawing to 4 possibly unclean outs. This seems like an easy fold to me and I wouldn't think anything of it.

Hand#2-- This hand is bit closer in terms of betting, but the King ruins everything. An easy bet on this flop if you had two overs and backdoor flush.

Indiana 11-03-2005 01:07 PM

Caesars Indiana,not Indy. It's down near Louisville on the Ohio River. I get down there for tourneys sometimes and play cash games after I get busted. Its nice, but nothing like Cali/Vegas. Most of the poker action around here is illegal stuff, and we have them on about every corner of the city.

Indy