Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   When TAG goes LAG (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370785)

gol4pro 11-03-2005 12:18 AM

When TAG goes LAG

5 handed 1/2, and I'm sitting on the button with 2 deepish donks in my SB/BB. BB won't raise with less than the 3rd nuts, SB loves to min raise and make like 1/5 pot sized bets as well as calling a whole lot.

Pretty much, I've got 190$ in my stack, but have my eyes on their 400ish.

I get T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in button, and I open for 8$. Both donks call-- time to outplay postflop.

Flop J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] pot 25$
-- Not perfect, but open end nonetheless.
-- SB donk bets 10$, meaning Jx or like 88/TT more than likely. NOT flush draw.
-- BB calls, no surprise. Any 2 cards.
-- I raise to 33$ just trying to buy a free card and make them easier to stack if I hit.

Not suprisingly, both call. Pot 123$

Good? Bad? Results to follow.

Hand 2-- about 10 mins after hand 1. By the way, I end up showing in hand 1 (either by showing my cards or showdown), so they know I can raise SC's.

I'm in BB, new donk is UTG. Last hand I raised Q8s UTG, got it checked down to the river vs this guy, and he folded to by 1/2 PSB on river. He's probably loose passive, but this is only his 2nd hand. He has about 180$.

Whole table limps to me, I have Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in BB. I decide I'm not [censored] around with deep stacks, and raise to 10xBB. UTG cold calls.

Pot 45$
Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-- I bet 41$ hoping to get it in on turn, he INSTA-pushes

I vomit, and then...? Keep in mind, he did not see the T8 hand.

Results to follow.

Larimani 11-03-2005 12:20 AM

Re: When TAG goes LAG

move 3 seats to the left.

elus2 11-03-2005 12:26 AM

i'd call the flop. you don't really have any fold equity. sb has a habit of grossly underbetting pots, take advantage of it.

11-03-2005 01:26 AM

you raised like a maniac w/ those queens
readless, id call putting him on a/10 : only hands to fear are 10/10 or a 5...a5s?

Maulik 11-03-2005 01:58 AM

hand #1 villains are likely to check to you since you called their flop bet. so you may get that free card, no need to open yourself to a min-raise here, right?

gol4pro 11-03-2005 07:32 PM

Results

Hand 1;

river Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
-- SB pushes, BB calls, I call.

River Kx
-- SB has JTo, we split BB's stack.

Hand 2;

I vomit, decide he either has AA/KK and has me beat, or doesn't and I have him beat. I'm getting slightly worse than 2:1, and call.

Turn/river are blanks, he mucks.