Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   A few questions about props (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370707)

Klompy 11-02-2005 09:44 PM

A few questions about props

I'm thinking about trying to be a prop, but don't really know a lot about it. I believe my understanding is you get a very substantial portion of your rake back as payment, What percent is usualy given? What's the best way to get set up as one? Do you have to be good at short handed play? Do most sites you can prop at work with pt and hud?
Maybe all of this has been covered before, but I did a search and couldn't find anything, so any info would help. Thanks in advance

krazyace5 11-02-2005 09:50 PM

Re: A few questions about props

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have to be good at short handed play? Do most sites you can prop at work with pt and hud?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can answer these two. Yes, no.

blackize 11-03-2005 02:41 AM

Well it helps to be good at shorthanded play. If you arent though if you have 100% rakeback you would have to run at about -3BB/100 at 2/4 to be losing money. The minimum rakeback percentage for Props is 100 some offer more.

To get set up as one check out the Classifieds here. Most sites you can prop at are very small and do not work with PT and HUDs.

Randy_Refeld 11-03-2005 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking about trying to be a prop, but don't really know a lot about it. I believe my understanding is you get a very substantial portion of your rake back as payment, What percent is usualy given? What's the best way to get set up as one? Do you have to be good at short handed play? Do most sites you can prop at work with pt and hud?
Maybe all of this has been covered before, but I did a search and couldn't find anything, so any info would help. Thanks in advance

[/ QUOTE ]

100% or more is pretty normal. There is one site I prop at that is only 70%, but it is a straight rake back deal (no rules, play the same as a customer).

You do need to play short handed (except at the rake back site) the whole idea of using props is to start games.

A couple of the sites support PT, but most do not.

I hope that helps, if I left anything else out let me know.

DonkAlert 11-03-2005 04:53 AM

premierpokerprops.com
onlinepropping.com
parttimepoker.com
onlinepokerprops.com

Any one of them should be able to answer all your questions.

rusty JEDI 11-03-2005 05:25 AM

www.pokerscene.com also has a propping thing. They have an interesting list of sites, and have full prop, and some other halfprop type stuff. They are also very easy going on minimal required hours.

rJ