Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Hand against baronzeus. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370220)

Jeff W 11-02-2005 05:03 AM

Hand against baronzeus.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB :#A500AF(baronzeus)/ calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, baronzeus calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks intending to check-raise.

scotty34 11-02-2005 05:09 AM

Re: Hand against baronzeus.

What kind of image do you have? Is he going to call a C/R with anything you beat?

sthief09 11-02-2005 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB :#A500AF(baronzeus)/ calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, baronzeus calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks intending to check-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

well he either flopped a straight or a draw. I wonder how he perceives your check. he knows you don't have an overpair (that's what I'd assume if I were him at least). if he has a draw I think he should take a stab at it since you very well could be giving up. one problem with your checkraise though is you really can't fold to a 3-bet. he could easily perceive your play as AK or KQ trying to blow him off something and 3-bet with nothing but a flush draw. I think you best disguise your hand by betting here. he could have you on 2 overs or an overpair. I'd hate to put in 3 bets here and another on the river on that board. if the river is a diamond, I'd check-call. I don't want to let him get take it down without a showdown. not on this board. if he raises the turn and the river is a diamond I think you can check-fold

this all hinges on him knowing who you are though. interesting hand

baronzeus 11-02-2005 05:19 AM

something interesting:

after 44 hands where we played together and one of us won,

i have won 22,
you have won 22,

i have won $830,
you have won $830,

we are even.

haha.

a couple things id like to say about this hand: (a) i was experimenting in 8 tabling (that's my excuse for whatever -EV plays i made today Jeff -- there was one hand where i misclicked on the turn and let you win with Q high UI...i think i said something like "[censored] misclick" after that hand). as a result my focus wasnt 100% on this hand. (b) i didnt know who JeffW was but i could tell he was a 2+2er after a while. i 3bet him lightly a few times too.

sthief09 11-02-2005 05:27 AM

what do you think of his line vs yourself?

baronzeus 11-02-2005 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i generally take a free card when people check to me and im on a draw, so im not sure if i like it.

especially when a TAG checks a turn on a board when i could conceivably call with one million draws/over card hands on the flop...honestly when he doesn't fire again it raises eyebrows. we were going at it quite a bit...

sthief09 11-02-2005 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i generally take a free card when people check to me and im on a draw, so im not sure if i like it.

especially when a TAG checks a turn on a board when i could conceivably call with one million draws/over card hands on the flop...honestly when he doesn't fire again it raises eyebrows. we were going at it quite a bit...

[/ QUOTE ]

if I'm him, there's a good chance I'm check-folding AK since the pot is so small

also, I like a flop raise with a draw here. he is raising lots of K high hands and some Q high ones, and even A-rag has a tough time calling

Jeff W 11-02-2005 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if I'm him, there's a good chance I'm check-folding AK since the pot is so small

[/ QUOTE ]

Same... that's why I am surprised baronzeus interprets my check as strength.

baronzeus 11-02-2005 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

also, I like a flop raise with a draw here. he is raising lots of K high hands and some Q high ones, and even A-rag has a tough time calling

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe. ive been getting less clear on when i should raise the third person out with draws and when i should call and hope he bets again on the turn etc recently...i think its costing me a lot of money. generally i tend to raise more HU and try to call more in multiway pots where i think i can exploit my equity and try to gain back bets on later streets by raising someone who bets into me.

i dont think i ever have a pair here though. i raise the flop with most pairs. i think i have either two overs or a draw of sort every time when i peel this flop, so i dont like his check v much.

baronzeus 11-02-2005 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same... that's why I am surprised baronzeus interprets my check as strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

well one thing ive noticed recently is that a lot of people peel with any 2 and fold to my bet on the turn. this includes me (not any 2 but 4+ outs are enough for me to peel a flop usually with implied odds). the board is very peelable...i expect you to value bet your Ax...also, you showed down AQ and AJ and I think AT high all earlier in this session. (i guess im a LAG [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )