Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Too passive w/ flopped set? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369711)

Taxmanrick 11-01-2005 03:29 PM

Too passive w/ flopped set?

No real reads yet. I'm concerned that 4th and 5th street are too passsive. When so many overcards and a str8 draw appear and there being the raise before the flop, I got scared.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, 1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 raises</font>, 5 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (13.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

deception5 11-01-2005 03:33 PM

Re: Too passive w/ flopped set?

[ QUOTE ]
No real reads yet. I'm concerned that 4th and 5th street are too passsive. When so many overcards and a str8 draw appear and there being the raise before the flop, I got scared.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, 1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 raises</font>, 5 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>

River: (13.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you should definitely get more bets in here. No possible flush draw and no possible straight draw. You could easily be up against AQ/KQ/AA/KK and are likely only behind QQ.

I'd even consider a turn 3-bet.

FlopMe 11-01-2005 03:34 PM

I'm capping the turn and river vs. unknown.

aces_dad 11-01-2005 03:37 PM

A pf raise is good news for your flopped set, villian could have A's, K's, AK, AQ, ... and on the flop you're only behind exactly QQ right now. I'd lead the turn and consider 3betting it as well.

Slowing down on the river is okay given MP2's agression and now J's, Q's, and K's are beating you. The straight from MP3 is unlikely given the action.

Taxmanrick 11-01-2005 03:47 PM

I realized I missed a lot of bets after the hand was over. I think if I would have had 88 instead, I would have gone all out. I realize, looking back, it doesn't make a difference. Something about those 2s that made me slow down. Thanks.

aargh57 11-01-2005 04:04 PM

I don't understand what you mean by being concerned that 4th and 5th street are too passive. Without reads I would put MP2 on AA,KK,QQ,JJ,88 or AQ on the flop (JJ isn't very likely since he's capping the flop though). On the turn you're still ahead of AA,KK, and AQ so I think I'd check/raise the turn and call the river when the K falls.

deception5 11-01-2005 04:16 PM

Don't check/raise the turn, bet so that the other player will stay in drawing nearly dead.

ajm36 11-01-2005 04:29 PM

What are you scared of on the turn--9 10? Cap the turn. Bet the river and call a raise. You have a flopped set on a board that is getting more coordinated--you should be doing all of the betting and raising.