Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   How to get adderal XL (because I actually need it) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369419)

11-01-2005 02:30 AM

How to get adderal XL (because I actually need it)

okay, I have raging adhd. I have it slightly under control, in that I manage to make money at poker, and do well in school, and function semi normally.

However it is clearly effecting me, and my life would be much better if I had some (i.e. I'd be able to grind out more poker, and be cable to concentrate more on school projects).

I paid $500 to UTexas research to test me for ADHD... and the guy tested me for over 12 hours, and then said he concluded that while I showed definite signs of the disorder... I was trying too hard???

So now Im out $500, and really want this perscription. And Im unaware of another way to go about legally getting it.

I really dont feel like shoveling out $500 again and getting the same results.

Can anyone tell me how they got theirs?

nothumb 11-01-2005 02:32 AM

Re: How to get adderal XL (because I actually need it)

Do you have insurance? Go to a psychiatrist and get them to write you a prescription. If they say no, go to another one.

NT

11-01-2005 02:36 AM

So just honestly go up to a psychiatrist, and make an appointment, walk up and say I'd like adderall?

well [censored], I can do that.

no I dont have insurance. This semester Im a part time student, and I live on my own.

Next semester I will be full time at a university, I guess I might be able to get perscriptions from them.

nothumb 11-01-2005 02:38 AM

No, you need to be a little more subtle than that. Like, I saw a commercial about adult ADD and think I might have some symptoms. Don't try to play it up too much. You may shell out a few bucks finding a sympathetic doc, but it can be done. It would be a lot easier if you were a chick.

See if you have a friend with a licensed parent or something like that. If you have any friends that is.

NT

11-01-2005 02:43 AM

haha, OUCH on the little zinger at the end. I have one friend that I just thought of who gets adderall... maybe I can see her shrink. This whole thing has been kind of an embarassment to me, I guess I see mental issues as weaknesses... kinda hard to go into a shrink's office.

nothumb 11-01-2005 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
haha, OUCH on the little zinger at the end. I have one friend that I just thought of who gets adderall... maybe I can see her shrink. This whole thing has been kind of an embarassment to me, I guess I see mental issues as weaknesses... kinda hard to go into a shrink's office.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just think of them as licensed drug pushers. That's what a lot of them are anyway. It always kills me that college kids spend so much dough on study drugs when they practically jam them down kids' throats.

NT

11-01-2005 02:48 AM

well thanks for the info, I guess Im sheltered. Haha.