Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Best Weekend Update Anchor/Team (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369178)

M2d 10-31-2005 07:44 PM

Best Weekend Update Anchor/Team

as much as I hate to admit it, Tina Fey and Amy Pohler are growing on me and I have to rank them pretty high on the list of anchors/teams. Looking back, there have been some pretty awful anchors over the years.

swede123 10-31-2005 07:45 PM

Re: Best Weekend Update Anchor/Team

Chevy Chase set the mark, no one else has really come close since.

Swede

MrWookie47 10-31-2005 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chevy Chase set the mark, no one else has really come close since.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

TheMainEvent 10-31-2005 07:46 PM

My choice is Norm Macdonald. That list is sad...so many bad weekend update anchors.

Charles Rocket? yikes.

wayabvpar 10-31-2005 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My choice is Norm Macdonald. That list is sad...so many bad weekend update anchors.

Charles Rocket? yikes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Norm McDonald was the first one I thought of when I read the title. He just kicked the [censored] out of OJ for like 3 straight years, and it never stopped being funny.

M2d 10-31-2005 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not like I could insert whomever I wanted. I created the choices based on a list of anchors I found. agreed that it's kind of sad.

swede123 10-31-2005 07:49 PM

To me Norm McDonald was very hit and miss. Sometimes his style and delivery hit it right on but just as often it just seemed forced and stupid. This is especially true when watching reruns. Chevy Chase is funny as balls, even if he's talking about a story that I never even heard about, where some of the newer people just aren't funny unless you know what the hell they're talking about (if then).

Swede

TheMainEvent 10-31-2005 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To me Norm McDonald was very hit and miss. Sometimes his style and delivery hit it right on but just as often it just seemed forced and stupid. This is especially true when watching reruns. Chevy Chase is funny as balls, even if he's talking about a story that I never even heard about, where some of the newer people just aren't funny unless you know what the hell they're talking about (if then).

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I chose norm because he is the only one who would add his own stuff at the end if a story bombed. Chevy usually just moved on.

10-31-2005 07:52 PM

Update has always been the weakest part of the show IMO. So I'll say none of the above.

miajag81 10-31-2005 08:07 PM

Norm MacDonald by a mile.