Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Common flop situations (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369124)

mc1023 10-31-2005 06:10 PM

Common flop situations

I've been folding situations like this on the flop fairly often but I can't seem to recollect why, just been doing it by instinct lately. I also tend to avoid spots like these when I'm 6-8tabling, is that a leak?

Typical Partypoker 30-60, 10 Handed

Situation #1

Preflop: Hero is SB with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, all fold, button calls, Hero complete, BB checks.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5sb)
Hero check, BB check, UTG+1 check, UTG+2 bets, button folds, Hero folds...

Situation #2

Preflop: Hero is SB with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG+1 calls, all fold, CO calls, Hero completes, BB check.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4sb)
Hero check, BB check, UTG+1 check, CO bets, Hero folds...

someone care to refresh my memory please.

RE-EDIT: would it be any different if you were BB?

PokerBob 10-31-2005 06:11 PM

Re: Common flop situations

i don't know what you're thinking. i call here, but i play bad.

baronzeus 10-31-2005 06:19 PM

i call in both of these spots. i dont think reverse implieds are big enough to make up for direct implieds and pot equity in these cases.

ErrantNight 10-31-2005 06:23 PM

those both seem like terrible folds to me.

but then, both those preflop calls seem pretty terrible.

but then, i don't play 30-60. maybe i'm missing something.

astroglide 10-31-2005 06:24 PM

i don't see how the same person reconciles completing J6o in a 1/2 sb mid-limit game and folding open ends on the flop

worm33 10-31-2005 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been folding situations like this on the flop fairly often but I can't seem to recollect why, just been doing it by instinct lately. I also tend to avoid spots like these when I'm 6-8tabling, is that a leak?

Typical Partypoker 30-60, 10 Handed

Situation #1

UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, all fold, button calls, Hero complete, BB checks.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5sb)
Hero check, BB check, UTG+1 check, UTG+2 bets, button folds, Hero folds...

Situation #2

UTG+1 calls, all fold, CO calls, Hero completes, BB check.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4sb)
Hero check, BB check, UTG+1 check, CO bets, Hero folds...

someone care to refresh my memory please.

EDIT: something about reverse implied odds... mmmmm.. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

In a 2/3 blind structure i think its close between calling and folding. I'm not sure but I think party 30-60 might be a $15 sb??? If it is its easily a fold. On the flop your getting 5-1 and 6-1 with each time a flush draw on the flop with 3 and 2 people to act behind you. So you have 6 clean outs, neither to the nuts and most of the time if there are 3 or more people calling the flop your calling to chop. I fold both on the flop, I dont think its very close.

IndieMatty 10-31-2005 06:31 PM

Why did you bother to complete this trash? Hell if I did; I'm betting out on that flop.

astroglide 10-31-2005 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm betting out on that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think betting this flop sucks bad. "first to get raised" position, no hand, dubious draw, and the entire flop is in the strike zone of playable cards.

mc1023 10-31-2005 06:39 PM

I had a good feeling these hands might be mistakes, since I have good equity in the pot with open-ender.

This particular situation where I flop open-ended from SB on a broadway flush board with a decent sized field this fold was very questionable, maybe I was running particularly bad the other night and I noticed folding these and wondered why I am doing so.

Then again I've been playing like a robot the past 6 weeks, clocking over 100k hands and I'm making some mistakes here and there like this one.

Thanks guys for the clarification... Just needed some fellow 2+2ers to yell at me! Leak has been plugged..

mc1023 10-31-2005 06:40 PM

I don't think the preflop call is a mistake as long as I'm getting away from weak holdings on the flops.

mmmmm bet sounds bad on this flop..