Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Am I chip spewing? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367162)

Stealthy 10-28-2005 08:17 AM

Am I chip spewing?

Hand 1 - No reads

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>,

I was after a free card and was puting mo more in after the turn UI.

Hand 2

UTG has good TAG stats and may be a 2+2er 18.8/13/2 over 150 hands.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>.

I planned to bet/fold turn and check/call river.

I am worried that a cold-deck is causing me to be over-agro!

@bsolute_luck 10-28-2005 08:27 AM

Re: Am I chip spewing?

hand #1: no. you have 5 outs against a Q, 3 outs against QJ, could have the best hand, goofy straight draw, the nut BDFD, and the pot is big enough to try for the free card. if 3-bet here, i'd probably fold the turn UI.

hand #2: yes. he probably has the King more often than the 9, but you have a goofy straight draw, 2 outs to trips, and the BDFD that might be good given the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and limited field. pot is big enough to call and fold the turn UI.

10-28-2005 08:48 AM

*grunch*
Hand 1.
I like it so far. The raise is to fold BB and secondarily to see how much UTG likes his hand.
If 3 bet. I fold the turn UI.
Hand 2.
Once SB folds, I call and see what the turn brings and reevaluate from there.

EDIT: Hand 1. I wouldn't take the free card, if offered it.

Bill Lumberg 10-28-2005 09:17 AM

Hand #2:

How often do you think you are ahead on the flop?

imported_Reaction 10-28-2005 11:30 AM

Hand #1 - OK

Hand #2 - I'd call the flop raise. Bet/fold a non-broadway, non-spade turn and C/F the rest.

Stealthy 10-28-2005 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #2:

How often do you think you are ahead on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually felt with hand 2 that I was maybe even trying to push UTG off of a better hand. I took his raise to be "how strong are you" and my re-raise was saying TPTK minimum. With him raising a large percentage of his hands there was a strong chance I was ahead so could have called him down but decided to keep the lead. Probably tilt as much as anything.

Hand one the SB cold called the 2 so I was not going to bet a brick turn when I got the free card, which I did. The likelyhood of a queen was higher although 1 was still likely to be drawing.