Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   New Trophy (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367125)

10-28-2005 05:32 AM

New Trophy

Just as golf has the green jacket, and football has the Lombardi trophy, the WSOP "main event" winner deserves something even more significant than the obligatory bracelet.
Yes, I'm endorsing the creation of the DOYLE BRUNSON trophy to the winner of the world's greatest poker tournament! This would be a perfect tribute to both the winner and poker's greatest ambassador.

10-28-2005 06:09 AM

Re: New Trophy

[ QUOTE ]
the WSOP "main event" winner deserves something even more significant than the obligatory bracelet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, how about millions of dollars

Mike28a 10-28-2005 08:07 AM

I always chuckle when Vince or Mike tell us that they aren't concerned with the money, just the prestige of winning (and, of course, the free pass to the 25K championship, where they can win millions more!).

Dynasty 10-28-2005 02:59 PM

Green jackets, the Stanley Cup, and WSOP bracelets have prestige because of tradition. A new trophy will not.

TonyS0pran0 10-28-2005 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just as golf has the green jacket, and football has the Lombardi trophy, the WSOP "main event" winner deserves something even more significant than the obligatory bracelet.
Yes, I'm endorsing the creation of the DOYLE BRUNSON trophy to the winner of the world's greatest poker tournament! This would be a perfect tribute to both the winner and poker's greatest ambassador.

[/ QUOTE ]

Football, golf, and hockey are all sports and worthy of tropheys. Poker is played by fat lazy people and is not a sport. Although Robert Varkoyni was a cut-up fine tuned athlete....... Trophey ahahaha, when will you people learn? What's next, the World Series of UNO? A trophey named after a degenerate gambler, nice!!!

SoftcoreRevolt 10-28-2005 03:36 PM

I think a gold bracelet is a much better trophy than an awful green jacket.

Kaeser 10-28-2005 03:40 PM

While I agree that poker is not a sport, I don't see what this has to do with whether it's deserving of a trophy or not.

Also I don't think the ME needs a trophy.

DeadMoneyOC 10-28-2005 04:54 PM

Booooo

TonyS0pran0 10-28-2005 07:55 PM

Competitive eating is more of a sport than poker is...... Even bowling is more deserving of a trophy. Putting the Lombardi Trophey in the same paragraph as poker makes me want to vomit.

housenuts 10-28-2005 08:03 PM

their trophy is essentially getting their picture on that wall of champions. just like the other trophies, they don't get to keep it, but they have their name engraved (or in this case, placed) on the wall.