Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   K8s trips play along (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366790)

Chris Daddy Cool 10-27-2005 05:49 PM

K8s trips play along

live game early morning. 7 handed. not a great game but there are some action spots.

utg - the only white guy at the table. that means he's an honest player. from what i can tell, he plays decently but is too loose preflop

utg+1 - is on fire right now. very loose aggro prflop, but plays well postflop. openraised 84s from utg before, so an openraise from him means very little, though after a limper his raises mean his hand is probably a little better.

mp - he is utg+1's friend and if they are ever HU postflop will check it down. he is not a very good player, but he's not stupid.

button - action player, but plays reasonably well. just gets out of line sometimes.

preflop: UTG limps. UTG+1 raises. MP coldcalls. Button calls. SB folds. I call in the bb with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG calls. 5 players in for 10.5 small bets.

flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check. UTG checks. UTG+1 bets. MP raises. Button folds. I... ?

10-27-2005 06:00 PM

Re: K8s trips play along

This is a tough one. Have you seen the friends raise each other before? -- I'd be hard pressed to fold here, so I probably 3-bet and lead the turn.

If it gets capped, I'd consider check/folding the turn, but I'd probably wuss out and turn into weak-tight calling station mode. If he's got a bigger K or TT you got 3 outs at best if you're not good right now. If it's capped I'd hope UTG+1 caps so when you check the turn you can see the action behind you before making a decision.

Borodog 10-27-2005 06:08 PM

Some thoughts. Have you ever seen MP act to protect his friends hands? Also, he may simply be raising a pocket pair, knowing that UTG+1 probably does not have a King.

I check-3-bet and call a cap. This pretty much advertises that I have a King, but I don't care. The pot has already gotten big.

newhizzle 10-27-2005 06:14 PM

does MP never raise UTG+1 in a multiway pot without a hand?

could he be trying to just get you and the white guy out to make it heads up?

i think i call and pop the turn, then reevaluate from there

i dont necessarily want to knock UTG out, and im not sure what im dealing with from MP, but without more of a read, im going to assume i have the best hand most of the time and try to get the most value out of it

Klepton 10-27-2005 06:16 PM

if you coldcall and lead the turn UTG+1 is probaly gonna get rid of whatever junk he has anyway.

i check-3-bet and lead.

Borodog 10-27-2005 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont necessarily want to knock UTG out, and im not sure what im dealing with from MP, but without more of a read, im going to assume i have the best hand most of the time and try to get the most value out of it

[/ QUOTE ]

How often is UTG calling two cold here? I'm not too concerned about him. I think we're much more likely to get two additional small bets on the flop by just 3-betting.

Plus, I think I'd rather know to slow down by getting capped on the flop than 3-bet on the turn.

Just some thoughts.

newhizzle 10-27-2005 06:22 PM

yeah, your probly right, i dont know

Dagger78 10-27-2005 06:27 PM

Check 3-bet the flop. Lead the turn even if it's capped, call down if raised at that point.

Any chance these two are working to protect the other's hand?

lighterjobs 10-27-2005 06:36 PM

the only reason I would three bet this flop is to get out a QJ type hand. if utg+1 is "on fire" I could see him calling with AJ or even J9, but I don't see him coldcalling with this hand. imo, I would cold call and bet out on the turn.

ErrantNight 10-27-2005 06:39 PM

3-bet.

I don't see any reason to let UTG+1 see the turn cheaply.

MP's range to raise here could be pretty wide.

UTG is almost certainly folding, anyway.

We probably have the best hand.