Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   White Sox/Hall of Fame (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366618)

Walter Pullis 10-27-2005 12:58 PM

White Sox/Hall of Fame

Are the White Sox the best team in recent years who had no one on their post-season roster who will make the Hall of Fame?

J.R. 10-27-2005 01:27 PM

Re: White Sox/Hall of Fame

2003 marlins (irod might get some consideration, maybe cabrerra some time down the road) and 2002 angels both didn't have any obvious future hall of famers

Jack of Arcades 10-27-2005 02:58 PM

um, what? Pudge is a lock for the HOF.

Of the Angels, I'm guessing the closest thing to a HOFer they had was Troy Glaus.

Buehrle might make it.

coffeecrazy1 10-27-2005 03:21 PM

And yet, they just swept a team with at least three future Hall of Famers(Clemens, Bags, Biggio). Ugh...I want to kill myself.

10-27-2005 03:26 PM

Frank Thomas isn't a HOFer??

And sure, they "swept" the Astros but they only outscored them by 6 runs over 4 games.

The series was a heck of a lot closer than anyone will remember a few years from now.

TheRover 10-27-2005 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Frank Thomas was on the post-season roster??

LoaferGee12 10-27-2005 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And sure, they "swept" the Astros but they only outscored them by 6 runs over 4 games.

The series was a heck of a lot closer than anyone will remember a few years from now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Closest sweep ever. Seriously.
BTW, I think Buerhle / Garland both have a shot at the HOF down the road. Not saying they are anywhere near it yet, but time will tell.

10-27-2005 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Frank Thomas was on the post-season roster??

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he wasn't. I thought OP said "Roster", not PS roster. My mistake. My point was that Thomas helped them win ballgames this year, which effected their ability to even make the playoffs to begin with. So the WS win has to be attributed to some seasonal help from Frank Thomas. Although, they make the playoffs even without him in this instance.

My point is, it doesn't really matter that Thomas wasn't on their PS roster. The Chicago White Sox still employed the services of a player in 2005, who has a high probability to get into the HOF when he's done.

That being said, I think Buehrle can make it if he stays healthy, and pitches until he's nearly 40. Garland...highly less likely. HIGHLY.

Colonel Kataffy 10-27-2005 10:05 PM

Putting Bagwell and Biggio in the HOF is like pouring water into whiskey.

andyfox 10-27-2005 10:27 PM

The HOF has many players in it worse than Biggio and Bagwell. Both are qualified HOFers and I would vote for both. Thru 2003, Bagwell had the 9th highest win shares total of any first baseman, and Biggio was 8th at second base.