Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Excellent!! A in hand - AA on flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366591)

10-27-2005 12:16 PM

Excellent!! A in hand - AA on flop

I tend to write pretty often about maniacs... Well, this time it seems to be five of them in a six-max table!! (And I dont consider myself one.)

The Game: Limit about 3.5/7 $ (£2/4). A couple of pots ago, i folded the winning hand when folding AK on the TT88 board. Seat 2 and 3 split it with QJ and Q9.

Now I have AKo in UTG+1... And the action is the following:

Seat5: folds
Hero: raises £4
Seat1: folds
Seat2: calls £4
Seat3: calls £3
Seat4: calls £2

Comment: Seat 2 a true calling station. Seat 3 seems to prefer crazy moves rather than folding. Seat 4 no info yet.

----- FLOP ----- [Ah Ac Jh]
Seat 3: bets £2
Seat4: raises £4
Hero: calls £4
Seat2: calls £4
Seat3: Folds
<font color="blue"> </font> Comment: I call to get the overcall from seat 2. I think he calls with nearly any two here.

----- TURN ----- [Ah Ac Jh][3s]
Bet, call, call.

----- RIVER ----- [Ah Ac Jh 3s][Ts]
Seat4: bets £4
Hero: raises £8
Seat2: folds
Seat4: raises £8

Well, now what??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

theghost 10-27-2005 12:34 PM

Re: Excellent!! A in hand - AA on flop

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 4 no info yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That you don't know anything about him is an argument for a call, but I would probably reraise at least once. (crypto?)

10-27-2005 03:24 PM

I think that I would have 3 bet the flop. It looks like you gave someone with KQ a chance to catch the 10 for broadway. Even though it looks like you are toast with top set, top kicker, you have to call this

UCLAseetoK 10-27-2005 05:01 PM

Flop call is ok since it may come back capped to you.

Raise turn behind bettor. Seat 2 will call with his draw if he has one, and may fold with a weak hand being afraid to overcall... which will cost you a bet. But mostly, you are missing a possible jammed turn if "maniac" bettor actually has a hand.

Since this is 6 handed, I'd most likely be at least 3 betting turn with top set TK.

10-28-2005 10:57 AM

RESULTS - and new situation!

Yes we are playing Crypto-poker... I just called my opponents threebet, and he flashed KK... Well, two hands later this situation occured.

I was dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - and re-raised Seat 3 from SB, after Seat 2 calling between. Three to the flop.

Flop. J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet, seat 3 calling again... The same opponent as in the KK-pot.

Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet, he raises, I'm calling thinking "this could be a draw or a queen."

T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I check, he bets, i raise, he re-raises... I hate to repeat myself, but "What now"??

10-28-2005 11:29 AM

Re: RESULTS - and new situation!

Hi Andy:

Cap it. Your opponent is displaying maniacal tendencies. The most logical hand to put him on here is a slowplayed set that wakes up on the turn. You don't fear the backdoor flush unless he has exactly Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for a two pair that came alive on the turn. Cap it, and expect to set a poorly played set lose to your straight here 90 % of the time.

Btw, I agree with most other's line here that you need to get more action on the turn. (pretending I don't know you posted results yet...) Villain might have gotten lucky and turned his weak ace into a boat, but you probably want to cap on the river. Put in more action on the turn and define your hand a bit, so you have a better idea of what a river 3-bet from him actually means.