Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   QQ OOP Facing an EP reraise, monotone flop of your suit (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366580)

Phoenix1010 10-27-2005 11:54 AM

QQ OOP Facing an EP reraise, monotone flop of your suit

Villain is tight and very aggressive. He hasn't shown down a hand yet, but he's bet and raised every time he's VP$IP. His reraising standard from this position is looser than most, but not donkish. AK and JJ are slim possibilities. TT and AQs very distant. I probably have a tight solid image, he might not be paying attention.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG+2 ($48.40)
MP1 ($59.45)
MP2 ($63.75)
MP3 ($55.98)
CO ($35.15)
Button ($46.05)
SB ($36.80)
BB ($52.10)
Hero ($36.25)
UTG+1 ($59.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($10.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero?

What's your plan for this hand?

arod15 10-27-2005 12:15 PM

Re: QQ OOP Facing an EP reraise, monotone flop of your suit

Checkraise....

PinkSteel 10-27-2005 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Checkraise....

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooo, I like.

Phoenix1010 10-27-2005 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Checkraise....

[/ QUOTE ]

Explanation?

arod15 10-27-2005 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Checkraise....

[/ QUOTE ]

Explanation?

[/ QUOTE ]

People flop the flush 5% of the time IE rare. So your hand is probably still good and you have redraws to the queen. So check here and triple his bet. . So assuming he bets 7 make it 20. If he comes over the top you use your feel, as pot odds warrent a call but if he is a rock i toss it ...

Phoenix1010 10-27-2005 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Checkraise....

[/ QUOTE ]

Explanation?

[/ QUOTE ]

People flop the flush 5% of the time IE rare. So your hand is probably still good and you have redraws to the queen. So check here and triple his bet. . So assuming he bets 7 make it 20. If he comes over the top you use your feel, as pot odds warrent a call but if he is a rock i toss it ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has $31 behind on the flop... raising to $20 and then folding my last $11 getting 6:1 would be terrible. Villain is not a rock, but there is a high chance that my hand was never good. I'm not afraid of a flopped flush, I'm much more afraid of AxA, KxKh, or AK with a heart.

Ghazban 10-27-2005 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Checkraise....

[/ QUOTE ]

Explanation?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look again at stack sizes-- are you really putting in $20 then folding for $11 more?

Phoenix1010 10-27-2005 01:26 PM

Nothing?

10-27-2005 02:02 PM

Check &amp; fold. I don't know why people think check-raising is a good idea here. Let's look at your opponent's possible starting hands:
AA-you're beat &amp; he might have a better draw
KK-you're beat &amp; he might have a better draw
JJ-you're beat
TT-you're beat
AK-if he has a heart, you're slightly the better of a coin flip as he has 2 overcards w/ a better draw
AQ-if he has the A of hearts you aren't that big of a favorite

Easy fold. Get out of this hand before you lose any more money!

arod15 10-27-2005 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Checkraise....

[/ QUOTE ]

Explanation?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look again at stack sizes-- are you really putting in $20 then folding for $11 more?

[/ QUOTE ]

No but putting in 20 will win the pot at least 60% or more of the time. Therefore making it a winning play...