Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   J9s Might be interesting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366087)

Piiop 10-26-2005 05:54 PM

J9s Might be interesting

Partay poke 10/20 10-handed.

First hand. A guy returns from being away and posts his big bling and dead sb in MP2. I decide I want to join the party and post in MP3.

Preflop: Folded to Mp2 poster who checks, I raise, co folds, button calls, sb folds, bb calls, mp2 folds.

Flop (8 sb): K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, button folds, BB calls.

Turn (5bb): 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, do I bet?

My info on BB is that he's loose, not too aggressive pre, and smeh aggressive post. Probably like 30/6/1.1.

If I do bet and he calls and checks the river, which river cards do you bet/check?

My hand, if it's important to you, is J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

hobbsmann 10-26-2005 05:58 PM

Re: J9s Might be interesting

I kind of like the idea of bet/folding the turn and if called firing at a blank river hoping to fold out an A/Q high flush draw.

KDawgCometh 10-26-2005 06:56 PM

a bet could work here. He probably has a weak ace, so I don't think that if an ace falls on the river that you can bet that as a scare card. I think though, that you could use a diamond on the river as a good bluff card if he calls the turn, another non ace broadway could work well too. Yea, I like firing a shell on the turn and continue to represent something solid

jason_t 10-26-2005 07:06 PM

I would fire two more barrels as long as no A, no [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] falls on the river.

droolie 10-26-2005 07:24 PM

The pots big and you can't win a SD most times. You simply have to bet if you want to win this pot.

toss 10-26-2005 07:55 PM

Bet seems like spewing because if villain calls (it seems he'll have reason to call on this drawy board) we only have J high on the river. I check and give up.

Grifter 10-26-2005 08:14 PM

I hate to be weak, but this seems like a bad spot to try and buy it. Is anyone else worried that the villian is (wrongly) slow-playing a K. I have seen people (not as high as 5/10 but certainly at 3/6) wait to the river to c/r this. Hoping that you will call down with almost anything for fear of a bluff-raise. My point is that your chance of folding out the villian seems small, and it might cost you as much as 2BB to find out.

Piiop 10-27-2005 02:09 AM

Results

Well, I bet the turn and checked behind on the river. Why? Because I don't know what I'm doing at poker - basically, I'm a vag. I think it's rather obvious that if I'm going to put anymore bets in on the turn, that I'd better do it on the river too.

Anyways, the villain showed K2o ( [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]) and he wins.

meep_42 10-27-2005 03:07 AM

I may have checked the turn and re-evaluated on the river.

Depending on the player a raise or fold if bet into and a bluff bet to fold a flush draw if checked to.

-d