Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Wookie's Challenge (NC) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366046)

K-mac 10-26-2005 05:04 PM

Wookie\'s Challenge (NC)

I am taking wookie's challenge, and i do believe i am about to make a boob of myself!

10-26-2005 05:34 PM

Re: Wookie\'s Challenge (NC)

I'm here for moral support. I've been on the Grunch/Wookie Challenge diet for the last few weeks and I've lost 15 pounds from all the flames my posts exposed me to. But, my game has improved dramastically (sic)! Good luck. As a new poster myself, I cannot recommend this enough to my fellow nOObs.

K-mac 10-26-2005 06:11 PM

The only thing i am worried about is my posts will not get enough attention and i will continue to play bad and make all sorts of mistakes.

10-26-2005 07:00 PM

Don't worry, if your posts are bad, you'll get plenty of attention.

aargh57 10-27-2005 02:10 PM

K-mac, if you're self conscious, just read the post, decide what you would do, and then read the responses. I do this a lot with hands that have lots of responses because I don't want to bump one by saying something that's probably already been said. Also, try to do a little analysis with your answer. This will open you up to criticism but that's how you learn. Saying "I would bet this turn because I think I may have the best hand and hope villain folds, then call down if he bet's the river because the pot is very large and I think I've got at least a 20% chance of winning it." is better than saying "bet/call".

10-27-2005 03:04 PM

I generally try to answer 5 a day, or at least read think about how I'd answer and then go on to read the replies. The more you answer, the easier it gets. Most here on the forum won't flame you, so go for it. Your style of play is going to be different than everyone elses. Have reasons for what you'd do and explain.

68Mustang 10-28-2005 01:34 PM

Can someone link the challenge thread? TIA

aargh57 10-28-2005 01:38 PM

layalguard already linked it in this thread.

cold_cash 10-31-2005 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing i am worried about is my posts will not get enough attention and i will continue to play bad and make all sorts of mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much attention will your posts get if you don't make any?

This is a freeroll; what have you got to lose?

MrWookie47 10-31-2005 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm here for moral support. I've been on the Grunch/Wookie Challenge diet for the last few weeks and I've lost 15 pounds from all the flames my posts exposed me to. But, my game has improved dramastically (sic)! Good luck. As a new poster myself, I cannot recommend this enough to my fellow nOObs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first time I've ever meandered over to the beginner forum. Funny stuff, sir. nh.